Wtf is going on here

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
WOW! Don't get your thumb caught in there that would be bad. I wonder if he was driving the first time it happened.

mustang john

Established Member
Id bet money someone replaced the power steering rack and hooked up the pressure lines on it backwards lol. Ive seen something similar due to that just not quite as violent.

Tispho

Established Member
Its probably an anti-theft feature. Lexus has it too.

Just look up possessed steering wheel on youtube.

mustang john

Established Member
Its probably an anti-theft feature. Lexus has it too.

Just look up possessed steering wheel on youtube.

LOL Lexus does not have that as an antitheft feature! They do how ever have a steering rack torque sensor calibration that briefly does something similar when you run the utility through the scan tool when you have replaced one of their electric power steering racks. I highly doubt the POS in the vid has electric power steering lol...

Mystic03

Established Member
Bwhahahahaha that would scare the shit outta me....but hydroboost hooked up wrong would lock the brakes

Zemedici

Established Member
Had a guy's escape come in for service a week or so ago, and it was doing the exact same thing just not as violent. Ended up being some issue with his steering gear. Got a new one in and was good as new :beer:

Except for the $1500 bill :)

mrlrd1

Established Member
Id bet money someone replaced the power steering rack and hooked up the pressure lines on it backwards lol. Ive seen something similar due to that just not quite as violent.

This.

I've seen this happen several times. Lots of very poorly engineered vehicles out there with the same size pressure and return fitting on the power steering rack. Get the backwards and this is the result. The older Taurus and Windstar are known for this.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that would definitely be scary as hell to start your car at the dealer after some power steering work.

Users who are viewing this thread