WTB: Stock 03/04 Cobra 6 disc cd changer

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
Hi folks

My cd changer has clunked out again, i bought a 2nd one used from a member and it still clunked out on me. Does anyone have 1 laying around for a good price? At this point i'm also open to an after market head unit, does anyone know of a reputable shop for the install?

wheelhopper

Established Member
If you want an OE one, I'll sell you the one out of my 14K mile car for $500. Then I would just get me an aftermarket one. But I am guessing you don't want to spend that much.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Hi folks

My cd changer has clunked out again, i bought a 2nd one used from a member and it still clunked out on me. Does anyone have 1 laying around for a good price? At this point i'm also open to an after market head unit, does anyone know of a reputable shop for the install?
I have one.. . $100 + shipping

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
It broke? Really? What happened? I'm kind of surprised, I hardly ever used it, and I don't think Charles did either.

As for aftermarket stuff, I'm quite happy with my pioneer. I forget the model, but I'll dig it up for you when I get home. It's got bluetooth and an ipod hookup on it too, so you may get more milage out of it than a stock unit anyway. It's also a Double Din, so it looks good in the factory location.

Install is a breeze. I can do it, or Jason at CSS can do it for you. If you do want to go that route there are a couple of things you'll need though in order to continue using the stock amps and speakers.

Edit: Here is the unit I have:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P8000BT/Pioneer-FH-P8000BT.html?o=v&c=3&tp=5684&avf=N

Don't buy from them though...if you do end up going aftermarket, I'll give you Mike in CT's info. He owns a stereo shop, and aside from just suggesting a model for you, can make sure you get everything you need to get it installed.

Last edited:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I'll have to see your radio installed, in person, Mike. In the photo that is one ugly radio.

Those factory radios sell for a good amount of money. I sold the one out of my truck for over $130 on Ebay.

TRBO VNM

when I sold mine, it was for $100 and was the going rate around here.

also, FYI, 03 and 04 head units are different and the connectors are different in the back. so they are yr specific.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member

wheelhopper

Established Member
That looks a little better. You just took it from a 12 pack radio to a 6 pack radio.

For the money I would still pay a little extra and get a Nav radio that I could play DVDs on.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That looks a little better. You just took it from a 12 pack radio to a 6 pack radio.

For the money I would still pay a little extra and get a Nav radio that I could play DVDs on.

Eh, I didn't want a touch screen. That radio is right where your fist goes if you miss 3rd. Besides, all I wanted was something that worked with my ipod, and had bluetooth.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Bluetooth is the way to go. We won't be able to hold our cell phones in our hands, in the car, come October. I will be getting a new stereo for the truck for that reason. I can't stand those earpiece things, they make people look like Star Treck wanna-bees.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Eh, I didn't want a touch screen. That radio is right where your fist goes if you miss 3rd. Besides, all I wanted was something that worked with my ipod, and had bluetooth.
Just so you know, you'd have to be a complete rock in order for that to happen.. I've had a touch screen for roughly 2 1/2 years without incident..
This may be too much for you but i'd recommend the pioneer AVIC series..
  • iPod connection
  • Bluetooth connection (phone calls)
  • Navigation
  • MP3
  • CD
  • Sirius / XM
  • DVD Player
  • * Voice Activation
  • * Backup Camera

I think the prices have come down quite a bit.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Just so you know, you'd have to be a complete rock in order for that to happen.. I've had a touch screen for roughly 2 1/2 years without incident..
This may be too much for you but i'd recommend the pioneer AVIC series..
  • iPod connection
  • Bluetooth connection (phone calls)
  • Navigation
  • MP3
  • CD
  • Sirius / XM
  • DVD Player
  • * Voice Activation
  • * Backup Camera

I think the prices have come down quite a bit.

I guess I'm a rock then. I've been at the track with this car on 90+ degree days where my hand was sweaty enough that during the 2->3 shift my hand came off the knob and nailed the radio. I'm sure I'm not the only person that's had that happen. Sitting in a car at the track when it's hot as hell out makes for a ton of sweat. It's not hard to slip off the shift knob.

TeddyKGB

Drunk on Power
Established Member
I'd second the Pioneer AVIC series and if you want to see one installed I am not that far from you. I have the AVIC D3 with Ipod, XM and Bluetooth adaptors.

I will also gladly install an aftermarket for you. Dont need to pay me at all.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I guess I'm a rock then. I've been at the track with this car on 90+ degree days where my hand was sweaty enough that during the 2->3 shift my hand came off the knob and nailed the radio. I'm sure I'm not the only person that's had that happen. Sitting in a car at the track when it's hot as hell out makes for a ton of sweat. It's not hard to slip off the shift knob.
lol bro, well then you're right - i guess the OP should stick with a non touch screen.. . Not surprising his radios keep going out..
Might i suggest a pair or Corvette racing gloves :shrug:

Just kidding -
OP If you can't find anything you can buy my stocker for $75 + shipping and paypal fees..

- gl

Last edited:

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
It broke? Really? What happened? I'm kind of surprised, I hardly ever used it, and I don't think Charles did either.

As for aftermarket stuff, I'm quite happy with my pioneer. I forget the model, but I'll dig it up for you when I get home. It's got bluetooth and an ipod hookup on it too, so you may get more milage out of it than a stock unit anyway. It's also a Double Din, so it looks good in the factory location.

Install is a breeze. I can do it, or Jason at CSS can do it for you. If you do want to go that route there are a couple of things you'll need though in order to continue using the stock amps and speakers.

Edit: Here is the unit I have:
Pioneer FH-P8000BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Don't buy from them though...if you do end up going aftermarket, I'll give you Mike in CT's info. He owns a stereo shop, and aside from just suggesting a model for you, can make sure you get everything you need to get it installed.

Hi Mike,

i actually used it for maybe 3 times and then it locked, its ok.
I like to maintain the factory appearance, so i will send it to Chicago Parts and Sound they will rebuild it for me.

samuel

Resident Clean Freak
Established Member
I'd second the Pioneer AVIC series and if you want to see one installed I am not that far from you. I have the AVIC D3 with Ipod, XM and Bluetooth adaptors.

I will also gladly install an aftermarket for you. Dont need to pay me at all.

Teddy, thanks a million my friend, i think i might just bite the belt and get the same radio Mike has, it actually looks good. I will PM you when i get it :)

Users who are viewing this thread