WTB: Kenne Bell 2.2

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
I currently have a 2.3 Whipple and I am not quite ready to sell it. If I can get my hands on a Kenne Bell 2.2 then I would like to try it out. I am ready to buy and have the cash. Nothing against the whipple, just want to try everything out. This will be my 4th supercharger on this cobra. Lemme know if anyone has anything out there. thanks
andrew

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
- Aj - said:
Why the change?

...I dont know, I just want to try all of the blowers and just see what they are like. Gotta try em to see what they are like, then you can decide whether you like them or not.
How about this, what would your (or anyone else's) opinion be on switching from a whipple or KB or KB to a whipple?

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
Holy crap drew, I sure would hope that you wouldn't sell that whipple. That blower kicks ass man and it is the new WHIPPLE!!!

- Aj -

Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
...I dont know, I just want to try all of the blowers and just see what they are like. Gotta try em to see what they are like, then you can decide whether you like them or not.
How about this, what would your (or anyone else's) opinion be on switching from a whipple or KB or KB to a whipple?

It depends on what your ultimate goal is. The real difference between the two blowers is minimal. Looks and sound. Power wise they are pretty much the same when set up correctly. If I had one or the other I would not swap. If I was just going for the most power possible, I would get a turbo. What is your goal?

Needcobra

Established Member
Ill have a 2.2 KB up for grabs soon. Its not off the car yet. IM going turbo so no need for the KB anymore. I think somebody call first dibs but if they backout i can let you kno. Maybe 3,500/3,800 miles on it.

The Pun

Formerly 10th03cobra
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
my goal is to have every blower possible for my cobra and to run out of money doing it. :beer:

:pepper: :banana: Goals are important!!!!! :beer:

How much for the Whipple outright, I already have injectors, BAP, MA, and X-cal.

COBRA504

Banned
whats going on andrew. I wouldnt sell my whip to get a KB if im not going to race it at the track.you dont race your car now so why go faster? your car is fast, and could beat most cars on the street now. It would be a waste of money to do that,but if you have it feal free to do as you wish.Its just my 2 cents as a friend.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
COBRA504 said:
whats going on andrew. I wouldnt sell my whip to get a KB if im not going to race it at the track.you dont race your car now so why go faster? your car is fast, and could beat most cars on the street now. It would be a waste of money to do that,but if you have it feal free to do as you wish.Its just my 2 cents as a friend.

Nah, I think that I'll keep my whip instead of the KB, why make my car slower and run hotter? :lol: Besides, I dont have a catch can for the oil if I were to put a KB on my motor. The whip is hip, yo.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
Nah, I think that I'll keep my whip instead of the KB, why make my car slower and run hotter? :lol: Besides, I dont have a catch can for the oil if I were to put a KB on my motor. The whip is hip, yo.
:dw: Don't know where you get your info. from but Kenne Bell's don't have catch cans anymore.
Have you even been in a KB car. My friends have Whipples and KB's spool up quicker, yo.
Show me a Whipple in the 9's. :(

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
There aren't any! :lol:

The first 03 in the 9's was Herman, correct? 9.99 if I remember correctly.

I'm sure this is gonna start a total shitstorm, but an engineer dissected a KB and a Whipple...and the KB has larger bearings, larger shafts, greater contact surface area on the gears for the rotor pack...hello...the Whipple can't really compare when it gets to making serious power.

But if you're just gonna drive the car on the street...to profile...and be stiff in yo' whip, cuz...then the Whipple is just right for you. ;-)

- Aj -

Established Member
shitstorm-karl.jpg

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
dont know where all these people come out and try to make something out of nothing. I love Kb's and whipples, dont know why people have such a problem with either one of them. THEY ARE JUST BLOWERSS!!!!

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
JoeNashville said:
New KBs don't need catch cans anymore.

They're right...the hurricane absconded with your brain :lol:

Not to sure on the situation on the catch cans, that was a joke considering I read it from one of dougs (billetflow) posts.
..and for the hurricane, I wasn't even in town for that storm. so haaha

BtwnSVTcobra

Banned
Screamin Cobra said:

Actually he's right, whipples are proven to run cooler than the KB, I personally prefer whipple. but then he and cobra504 are just bashin each other. I know screamin and I have ridin in his cobra. The car is pretty quick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread