WANTED: WTB DSG Terminator Hood

Cody M

Established Member
Looking for a DSG hood, looking for a hood with good paint on it, one on my car is shot with rock chips so I’d rather replace it then repaint the car and blend in the fenders. I’m in Michigan so local is better but I’ll pay for shipping!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just a FYI. There was quite a few variations in the colors. I know this, because when I went to repaint mine, there was like 12 different swatches of my color. Also, you can't be sure how faded someone else's might be. Last, shipping a hood is a bitch. The corners get damaged easy. Just food for thought.

Cody M

Established Member
Just a FYI. There was quite a few variations in the colors. I know this, because when I went to repaint mine, there was like 12 different swatches of my color. Also, you can't be sure how faded someone else's might be. Last, shipping a hood is a bitch. The corners get damaged easy. Just food for thought.
I appreciate it! I just figured my best bet would to get a stock hood and luck out to it being close of a match to my
Paint vs just repainting the hood alone cause DSG is very hard to match

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I appreciate it! I just figured my best bet would to get a stock hood and luck out to it being close of a match to my
Paint vs just repainting the hood alone cause DSG is very hard to match
So is the MG that I have. I ended up taking the gas cap in to get scanned, as none of the swatches matched. These are after I painted the hood compared to the factory paint on the fender.
013.JPG
015.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread