WTB Drill-Less Front License Plate Bracket

03 Cobra

Established Member
I just got a fix-it ticket and do NOT want to drill holes in my bumper. I heard of a few people making a Drill-Less Front License Plate Bracket and would like to get one. Anyone got a quality one for sale that would work with my 2003 Cobra? Please help i really do NOT want to drill but i can not find one for the life of me. Any help would be great. Thanks

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
03 Cobra said:
I just got a fix-it ticket and do NOT want to drill holes in my bumper. I heard of a few people making a Drill-Less Front License Plate Bracket and would like to get one. Anyone got a quality one for sale that would work with my 2003 Cobra? Please help i really do NOT want to drill but i can not find one for the life of me. Any help would be great. Thanks

I don't know about the bumper... but I've always said when pulled over.... "Are you serious? It isn't there? Crap it must have fallen off." and it's never been an issue

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Check with Horsepower by Hermann Inc
1100 North 50th Street, Tampa, FL 33619
(813) 241-2783

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
However you do it, be careful not to block the heat exchanger any more than you have to. Blocking air to the HE defeats in part it effectiveness, especially if it is the stock HE.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you realize that this is a double post? I added a response to your other one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cobrabuddy said:
I don't know about the bumper... but I've always said when pulled over.... "Are you serious? It isn't there? Crap it must have fallen off." and it's never been an issue
Some states are tougher than others. LOL! Some don't require a front plate. Others do, and will instantly ticket you if you get caught. Still others, like Connecticut, have the law in place but they don't enforce it. I'd say 1/3 of the cars here don't have front plates. I was very fortunately to have been able to leave the front plate off of my Terminator. I hate them!!

ottoman

Established Member
If you find someone manufacturing a bracket please let me know.What I did was use industrial strength adhesive velcro on the bumper and 3M molding tape on the licence plate with velcro.And in case the velcro didn't hold,which it has for quite a while,I attached clear fishing leaders to the bottom two holes of the plate to the brackets on the bumper so I wouldn't lose my plate.

onekyoung

Established Member
Make one yourself. POC :thumbsup:

36" Strap steel
36" L "swiss cheese" bracket steel
Can of black spray paint
Assorted fasteners (less fasteners with use of MIG)

Use SC L (cut to length) as main bracket, cut, measure and bend the strap to 90 deg and then drill some holes in it.

Toughest part is getting the strap to bend the same angle for both...

Looks like this mounted
http://gotcone.com/node/31874

Far enough to not look dorky, but still allow for the installation of my steeda splittler... after she gets painted :rockon:

Cobrabuddy

Established Member
CobraBob said:
Some states are tougher than others. LOL! Some don't require a front plate. Others do, and will instantly ticket you if you get caught. Still others, like Connecticut, have the law in place but they don't enforce it. I'd say 1/3 of the cars here don't have front plates. I was very fortunately to have been able to leave the front plate off of my Terminator. I hate them!!

I live in MA, which has to be one of the worst... I've had a 99, 01, and 03 cobra, none with a front plate... I've been pulled over for it countless times and the officer is always cool about it... But yeah, sucks getting a ticket for something like that.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
I got a fix it ticket for no front license plate like 2 months ago and I just put double sided tape right before I went to look for a cop to sign it off and right when I got the ticket signed I took it right off, and I just got busted for it again like a week ago

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
SnakeBit said:
Check with Horsepower by Hermann Inc
1100 North 50th Street, Tampa, FL 33619
(813) 241-2783

+1. I have one on my car. It's top quality and looks great. Get one from Hermann, you won't regret it.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
husker4life said:
How much did you pay for it????

$79. Kinda pricey but it's black powder coated, comes with all stainless hardware, and it fits awesome. It uses the stock heat exchanger hardware to mount it to the car. If you have to run a front plate get the kit from Hermann.

Users who are viewing this thread