WANTED: WTB: Competition Orange Coupe

jgroce1985

Established Member
You and I have spoken privately in messages about my car. I find it very odd you never once mentioned any of this until I mention it for sale on an open forum. I'm not sure what pictures those are but it isn't my car. You can clearly see from the BAT photos how nice this car is...I'm not upset, I just do not understand why you feel it necessary to call out flaws on a car you've never seen. As a car collector I do take it to heart as I love all my cars personally. Thanks everyone, and I ask can the admins delete this thread as this will be the last time I post here thanks.

poisoned apple

Established Member
You and I have spoken privately in messages about my car. I find it very odd you never once mentioned any of this until I mention it for sale on an open forum. I'm not sure what pictures those are but it isn't my car. You can clearly see from the BAT photos how nice this car is...I'm not upset, I just do not understand why you feel it necessary to call out flaws on a car you've never seen. As a car collector I do take it to heart as I love all my cars personally. Thanks everyone, and I ask can the admins delete this thread as this will be the last time I post here thanks.
Well I didn't know anything about this at that time. Maybe Adam is trying to get his deposit back from BAT or his account reinstated so he found these pictures from someone else? No idea. Just telling you what he told me

Tuhminatuh

Hi everyone, this is Adam, the BaT auction winner.

I’ve privately shared this with a dozen or so people on Facebook already that have considered looking at and buying the car. Now, I hear the seller is telling people I “didn’t show up and decided to buy a lake house instead”. Nice.

So here’s my now-pissed-off warning to anyone considering buying this car.

1. Won the BaT auction, rented a truck and trailer and drove down to NC to close the deal and trailer home

2. This comp orange cobra with 5k miles had an insane amount of surface rust that really wasn’t shown in the BaT auction. Lesson learned: even a hint of something worth digging into and you should move as quickly as possible during the 7 day BaT auction to clarify. I figured with 5k miles it must be close to perfect, maybe a couple spots here and there.

3. Spent 20 minutes going underneath and around the car and snapped pics of everything because I knew I’d need proof to try to get my BaT fee back. Also noticed plenty of poorly touched up paint chips on the front end (no pics of those, unfortunately.)

4. Somehow the seller never thought to add to the auction or let me know before I spent $2k on a trailer/truck rental round trip and two days that one of the struts just happened to be seized up.

5. Didn’t even bother turning it on or driving it as I was pissed odd enough having wasted time and thousands of dollars to make the deal happen. Packed up and went home empty handed. No idea what condition the motor and trans are in.

6. Seller told me while I was looking around that a previous buyer had driven the car up to PA in the winter a few times which “probably explained the minor surface rust”. Now I hear he’s telling everyone it’s been in a climate controlled garage with a dehumidifier its whole life. Lol.

Good luck selling the car, Jeff. $30k or so should do it. Luckily I took that money I would have put into this and bought more BTC in the fall lol. If anyone has a nice Mystichrome with low mileage (and no rust ) send me a message.

Adam

Attachments

• IMG_4563.jpeg
    IMG_4563.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4562.jpeg
    IMG_4562.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4561.jpeg
    IMG_4561.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4564.jpeg
    IMG_4564.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4566.jpeg
    IMG_4566.jpeg
    261.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4571.jpeg
    IMG_4571.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4577.jpeg
    IMG_4577.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4572.jpeg
    IMG_4572.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_4554.jpeg
    IMG_4554.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 123

twisted03snake

Established Member
Hi everyone, this is Adam, the BaT auction winner.

I’ve privately shared this with a dozen or so people on Facebook already that have considered looking at and buying the car. Now, I hear the seller is telling people I “didn’t show up and decided to buy a lake house instead”. Nice.

So here’s my now-pissed-off warning to anyone considering buying this car.

1. Won the BaT auction, rented a truck and trailer and drove down to NC to close the deal and trailer home

2. This comp orange cobra with 5k miles had an insane amount of surface rust that really wasn’t shown in the BaT auction. Lesson learned: even a hint of something worth digging into and you should move as quickly as possible during the 7 day BaT auction to clarify. I figured with 5k miles it must be close to perfect, maybe a couple spots here and there.

3. Spent 20 minutes going underneath and around the car and snapped pics of everything because I knew I’d need proof to try to get my BaT fee back. Also noticed plenty of poorly touched up paint chips on the front end (no pics of those, unfortunately.)

4. Somehow the seller never thought to add to the auction or let me know before I spent $2k on a trailer/truck rental round trip and two days that one of the struts just happened to be seized up.

5. Didn’t even bother turning it on or driving it as I was pissed odd enough having wasted time and thousands of dollars to make the deal happen. Packed up and went home empty handed. No idea what condition the motor and trans are in.

6. Seller told me while I was looking around that a previous buyer had driven the car up to PA in the winter a few times which “probably explained the minor surface rust”. Now I hear he’s telling everyone it’s been in a climate controlled garage with a dehumidifier its whole life. Lol.

Good luck selling the car, Jeff. $30k or so should do it. Luckily I took that money I would have put into this and bought more BTC in the fall lol. If anyone has a nice Mystichrome with low mileage (and no rust ) send me a message.

Adam

Mic drop…

I was seriously considering selling my 26k mile co vert to buy this since he’s local. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread