WTB Cobra....need advice

COBRASVT

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT X 2
I know I took the long scenic route home for 2hrs. when I got my Cobra! :-D

Hell yeah...it took me 3.5 hours to make the 20 minute drive home when I got mine...of course, part of that was to pick up the FR500 steering wheel...I can't believe they still use that skinny damn thing!:D

Give us the Kenne Bell Cobra update Cobraskr....

CobraSeekr

Established Member
Sorry for the late reply Gentlemen. Ya'all had it right I took the long way home. Lemme get right to it--Kenne Bell style. Feather the throttle and pull away from all traffic. Half throttle in first gear results in all out wheel spin. Mashing it in second yields the same results. The rear tires have very little remaining tread. Hopefully some new skins will provide alot more hook up. The SC performs as advertised; power on demand no hesitation. I'm hella stoked!!

With all that said, I really don't think it is a low 12 second car. My seat of the ass guesstimate is more like a high 12 or low 13. Sac Raceway opens in a couple weeks, I'll need some new rubber before making that run. Hopefully I'm wrong on my "seat of the ass" guestimate. I have nothing to really compare it to other than my CBR 900RR that I sold a few years ago.

It is black with the black and tan interior. Sweet Borla side exhaust with skirts. Stock 96-98 rims. No UD pulleys or intake, just a K&N. Stock Mach 460 sound. Pretty much stock all the way around except for that blower bolted on the intake. Did I mention that I was stoked!! Ha Haaa!!

My wife thinks I can now quit obsessing over buying the Cobra, I'm afraid the obsession has just begun.....

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Kick Ass!

I'm gonna cry... I want a BLOWER! :cryying:

Sounds like a VERY nice Cobra man, good choice. What year was it again? The '98's had the Cobra R style rims with the SVT center caps so that's why I'm asking.

~ Tim ~

COBRASVT

Established Member
CONGRATS dude!

I tried to reply to ya last night, but the board was being gay.

You are gonna love it! I am very envious....I want a s/c.:D

CobraSeekr

Established Member
Re: Kick Ass!

I'm gonna cry... I want a BLOWER! :cryying:

Sounds like a VERY nice Cobra man, good choice. What year was it again? The '98's had the Cobra R style rims with the SVT center caps so that's why I'm asking.

~ Tim ~

It's a 96. No Cobra R rims. I will take closer looks at the Cobra R rims for that SVT badge! I never noticed that, but I'm still new to the Cobra world.

Thanks to everyone for the reassurance last week as I waited anxiously for the clock to tick.

--Jeremy

CobraSeekr

Established Member
Ahh yes Pics will follow shortly. Problem is I get home after dark and in the morning there is too much frost lately. Might have to wait until weekend.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Kick Ass!

The '98's had the Cobra R style rims with the SVT center caps so that's why I'm asking.
Like this...:-D

LF_SVTwSnake_crop.jpg

P.S. Congrats on your Cobra, you're gonna love it! Welcome to the "family". :coolman:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Re: Re: Kick Ass!

Originally posted by CobraSeekr

It's a 96. No Cobra R rims. I will take closer looks at the Cobra R rims for that SVT badge! I never noticed that, but I'm still new to the Cobra world.

Thanks to everyone for the reassurance last week as I waited anxiously for the clock to tick.

--Jeremy
The '95 R rims that are so popular were a 17 X 9 rim. The actual Ford remakes you can buy are a 17 X 9 rim. The '98's have a rim that is damn near identical, but with a "SVT" lettered center cap and they were a 17 X 8 rim.

CobraSeekr

Established Member
I posted some pics in "The Testing Club" under the "New Ride" thread. It was my first ever attempt at posting pics so I tried it there, now it won't let me post the same pics in my original thread. Take a look. Sorry no pics of the actual Kenne Bell SC yet. Will follow in a few days.

CobraSeekr

Established Member
Stock as far as I know. From what I can see up in the wheel well the springs look stock?? No cool red color or anything. I asked the previous owner and he said it wasn't lowered, but it looked just a hair low to me.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
????
Well THAT's weird... From the pic it looks like it sits like MINE, and I'm about 1-1/2" lower!

You bought it from the original owner?

CobraSeekr

Established Member
Good point. I bought it from the 2nd owner. That was my first question when I saw it b/c it looks lowered to me. It is in the shop getting the radiator replaced and getting smogged. I get it back tomorrow. I'll pull a wheel and take a closer look this weekend.

Do you have any recommendations for upgrades
1) Brake pads and rotors?
2) Struts?
3) What to do first--subframe connectors, LCA's, UCA's, panhard?
4) Tires? Drag radials or just soft compound tires?

I will be taking it to the 1/4 mile and want the low ET's, but I would be willing to sacrifice 2 or 3 tenths for the sake of all around performance handling.

Users who are viewing this thread