WTB cobra in NE

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
On the hunt for a 04 cobra black with dark or light grey seat inserts. I am hoping to find a stock one or with minor mods(exhaust/filter). A one owner car that comes with all the documention if possible. Chromies would be a plus also. Im starting here figuring a local sale would be alot easier than transporting from some where else out of NE.

Chris :dancenana:

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
traveling to get the car you really want is worth it. I bought mine over this site..flew out to michigan and drove the car back to MA

Thats funny u mention Michigan I just looking at one with low miles out that way...How long was the drive (days/hours)?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
it took me about 14 hours....but it was raining and I did make a bunch of stops for food and spent the night in some place Ohio just to make sure I was well rested.

I left Muskegon at 6pm on a saturday night.....was home in Lowell by about 10:30 sunday night.

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
thats what i kind of figured it would be like driving too South Carolina...You guys wouldnt know whos selling the 03 DSG in Leicester Mass nice low mileage cobra? its on e-bay!

Mystic1199

Established Member
just did the drive last week from MI ....like dave said if you can cut through Canada ....wasnt that bad of a ride ...only thing that sucks is crossing over into MI and sitting on the bridge waiting to go through customs ...

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Thanks for the info guys.........But still no cobras for sale up this way?

There's a black '04 on eBay right now in Charlton, MA with a pulley, intake and exhaust. Its being listed by 'nationalvehiclemarketing' so there's obviously a premium on the asking price. Its being listed for $24,500 with about 40k on it I think. Realistically, its probably worth a couple G's less but 'looks' like a nice car from the pics.

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
There's a black '04 on eBay right now in Charlton, MA with a pulley, intake and exhaust. Its being listed by 'nationalvehiclemarketing' so there's obviously a premium on the asking price. Its being listed for $24,500 with about 40k on it I think. Realistically, its probably worth a couple G's less but 'looks' like a nice car from the pics.

Thanks for the heads up on that one. I did see it already. Too many miles for me im looking for something in the teens or low twentys. Thanks anyway :beer:

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Oh and for the record, I bought mine in Maryland, about a 7 hour drive. Flew down via Southwest on the cheap to check it out first then a week later a one way ticket there to drive it home. I think Southwest leaves BDL regularly...

Bought my M5 in North Carolina, that was about 12 hours, but made a weekend out of it at OBX. Don't be afraid to look within a reasonable radius and fly down to check it out. What's a $200 plane ticket when you're spending >$20k???

All these guys that say the market is good for buyers are correct, however that doesn't help the fact that these cars are in fact rare, especially when you have specific criteria for them. It took me some time to find one that wasn't pullied and didn't have 10 previous owners.

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
contact protree performance ( ponymx ) he had mentioned on a different forum he had a customer selling an 03 cobra

I already called him and talked about the car..Thanks for the heads up anyway..Did you get my e-mail?

Last edited:

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Oh and for the record, I bought mine in Maryland, about a 7 hour drive. Flew down via Southwest on the cheap to check it out first then a week later a one way ticket there to drive it home. I think Southwest leaves BDL regularly...

Bought my M5 in North Carolina, that was about 12 hours, but made a weekend out of it at OBX. Don't be afraid to look within a reasonable radius and fly down to check it out. What's a $200 plane ticket when you're spending >$20k???

All these guys that say the market is good for buyers are correct, however that doesn't help the fact that these cars are in fact rare, especially when you have specific criteria for them. It took me some time to find one that wasn't pullied and didn't have 10 previous owners.

More and more Im thinking just go and drive it back...Its the one im looking for...Then one will pop up around here after I get that car home.

Last edited:

cgjarvis

Established Member
I have flown out 3 times to get cars. Twice for myself and once for my little brother. Make sure you ask lots and lots of questions. Be specific! Get lots and lots of pictures. Up as close as possible. Inside, outside, engine, underneath. Dont assume anything. Ask! Make sure you have good phone conversations about all of this too. Do your home work on the person too on the different forums if you can. Do carfax and oasis reports. Talk to prevous owners of the car too as they will know a lot about the car and tend to not sugar coat stuff.

Make sure when you fly out that you have a back up plan! My brother did not do a thorough job of the above mentioned details. We flew from VT to Miami, FL. The car was not as advertised. WE had one way ticks. We drove a piece of shit car 1600 MILES home on a wing and a prayer!!!!!!!! It was not a fun experience.

On a better note...I flew to Tenn. and had a great experience getting my 03 Cobra and PA to get my 94 GT.

Good luck!!

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Then one will pop up around here after I get that car home.

That's inevitable, happened to me with the one in Charlton...but that one had a pulley on it so it didn't get to me as much. You just can't look back after you've pulled the trigger. Hindsight is almost always 20/20...Good luck!

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Well the one I was looking at sold oh well I wasnt fast enough....Thanks for the advice though I cant believe there are some many shaddy people out there....And my search continues.........:-D

Apicia

Established Member
Problem is that when you buy a Cobra, you end up spending 4k right away on basic common sense mods. You don't think you will, but after reading the forums, you will end up getting these goodies. My Cobra was stock when I bought her. Now look at her...

http://www.svtsnake.com/forum/showthread.php?p=442279#post442279

Check out the Navigation and splash screen. Is this the type of Cobra you are looking for? It is one of the last Cobras made at the end of 2004. I have all documentation and she has a very clean carfax. Only the best of the best mods went into her.

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Problem is that when you buy a Cobra, you end up spending 4k right away on basic common sense mods. You don't think you will, but after reading the forums, you will end up getting these goodies. My Cobra was stock when I bought her. Now look at her...

http://www.svtsnake.com/forum/showthread.php?p=442279#post442279

Check out the Navigation and splash screen. Is this the type of Cobra you are looking for? It is one of the last Cobras made at the end of 2004. I have all documentation and she has a very clean carfax. Only the best of the best mods went into her.

Sent u a PM........

Users who are viewing this thread