(WTB) Cobra 3/4

cbr repsol

Established Member
Wanting to buy a 03/04 cobra in so-cal. Just like everyone else..lol
Price depending on mileage and condition. I owed a mystichrome cobra coupe number 95 years ago (sold 2011).Wanting to get back into the car I truly loved.
Wanting another coupe but the right vert would do also. Was willing to spend up to 20k but after looking around a bit I might need to step that up to 25k for the right car. For 25k I’m hoping to get another cobra clean with a whipple or Kenne bell. I sold my mystichrome for 22k with a whipple . I think I sold it a bit under market but it is what it is .
I’m located in Rialto,California
Will drive up to 500 miles for the right car .
I don’t have a color preference. I do like torch red, Redfire or black .
Thanks,
Dwight

Last edited:

cbr repsol

Established Member
I’m willing to pay substantially more for a mystichrome. Coupe or convertible.
That particular one I would do 35k cash
Immaculate condition of course

cbr repsol

Established Member
Well , I have a lead I never thought would happen . A member here and friend of mine told me he would sell me his mystichrome convertible. Car has under 60k built motor/everything, liquid cooled 2.8 Kenne bell mammoth making 710 rwhp and 600 rwtq. The price is way way over anything I wanted to spend . I am supposed to hopefully get the car if he fully decides. He did mention his wife hated it forever. Lol
So I’m really liking her right now .
Car is 35k

cbr repsol

Established Member
Yes but it’s fully built motor,trans,rear ended,axels,6 piston calipers,liquid cooled mammoth 2.8 Kenne bell. there basically isn’t anything more to do to the car .

cbr repsol

Established Member
Here is a engine pic of the car.

Attachments

• F5EBE832-C973-4FF1-A7BC-7727D593E0A0.jpeg
    F5EBE832-C973-4FF1-A7BC-7727D593E0A0.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 212

68gtscode

Established Member
The engine compartment certainly looks clean. I know you're very knowledgeable on Cobras, so I don't mean to imply otherwise. That said, from my experience selling my 03 Cobra, 09 GT500 and 13 GT (all similarly modified as this MC you're looking at), I feel that you're paying way too much for this car. It may bring that much if it were bone stock and had very low miles. As it is without having actually seen it, I think this is a $25-28K car in today's market.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I understand your feelings about paying to much . You don’t know my full back story. To sum it up easy I was gonna build another car . Things went sour with my ex wife . She cheated on me and the divorce settlement was heft. She didn’t work so I had to pay her 2,469 a month. On top of all that I lost 250,000 in equity in my house due to her . Sold my beloved whippled mystichrome because she was after the money for the car to.
So flash forward almost 10 years now . I’m remarried to a wonderful woman . My wife supports my hobby (her dad was a life long mechanic ) so she gets it . I have a good job I’ve been at for 19 years now . Alimony is over . I have my kids 50/50 still care for them in all the ways they need. I work as a mechanic during the day so I’ve been running myself ragged all these years . My new wife is working to help out even though she doesn’t have to . I have the 25k to get the car I like / want . Since this car is out of my budget I asked a life long friend for a 10k loan to get the car . He know everything I’ve went through. Sees the good in my heart helping people even when I was hurt by the court systems because honestly they let my ex take me to the cleaners. My long life friend anytime his car would break down I’ve been there for him . Just recently the timing belt snapped and I got him back on the road with a new timing belt job . Thankful he has a car with a non-interference engine.
I told him about this car and he said I should “get it”. He’s going to give me the 10 k as a gift to make up the difference to get the car of my dreams back . Even though the car I owned was very nice , this car is 10 x better since it is fully,fully built . He wants me to be happy and advised me (you can’t take it with you) so enjoy life now , because nothing is promised.

SlickDos1

OneBad 5.0
Established Member
I understand your feelings about paying to much . You don’t know my full back story. To sum it up easy I was gonna build another car . Things went sour with my ex wife . She cheated on me and the divorce settlement was heft. She didn’t work so I had to pay her 2,469 a month. On top of all that I lost 250,000 in equity in my house due to her . Sold my beloved whippled mystichrome because she was after the money for the car to.
So flash forward almost 10 years now . I’m remarried to a wonderful woman . My wife supports my hobby (her dad was a life long mechanic ) so she gets it . I have a good job I’ve been at for 19 years now . Alimony is over . I have my kids 50/50 still care for them in all the ways they need. I work as a mechanic during the day so I’ve been running myself ragged all these years . My new wife is working to help out even though she doesn’t have to . I have the 25k to get the car I like / want . Since this car is out of my budget I asked a life long friend for a 10k loan to get the car . He know everything I’ve went through. Sees the good in my heart helping people even when I was hurt by the court systems because honestly they let my ex take me to the cleaners. My long life friend anytime his car would break down I’ve been there for him . Just recently the timing belt snapped and I got him back on the road with a new timing belt job . Thankful he has a car with a non-interference engine.
I told him about this car and he said I should “get it”. He’s going to give me the 10 k as a gift to make up the difference to get the car of my dreams back . Even though the car I owned was very nice , this car is 10 x better since it is fully,fully built . He wants me to be happy and advised me (you can’t take it with you) so enjoy life now , because nothing is promised.

Seems like everything is on the up and up now. Congrats on being happy and getting through that. Life can certainly throw us a lot to handle sometimes.

However, that being said, I would have to agree with 68gtscode. Letting your emotions blind you into spending almost $10000 more than you should for a vehicle may not be the best idea. Sounds like you are still angry at your ex ( and probably have every right to be) , but make sure it isn't that "anger" that's making you spend even MORE money unnecessarily. There are other mystichromes for sale if you are willing to get them shipped. just my two cents.

As for the friend gifting you $10,000, I'm sure he means well, but what happens if you ever decide to sell it and only can get $20,000 for the car. Or, if insurance only covers it up to 25k? Will you be obligated to pay back your friend $10000 and you yourself lose out on another $10,000??

Last edited by a moderator:

cbr repsol

Established Member
I understand the thoughts. As to the ex I’m not angry with her anymore. I was years ago. I actually went to counseling to help me in general with life and to be a better father.
As far as the car goes the money my friend is gifting me he doesn’t want anything in return besides our true friendship. Which we had prior to any of this . Discussion of selling the car came up and he stated my kids would have something for them to either keep and enjoy or sell and split for them . This man is a true friend . I’m 39 this month , he is 62 and he says he lives a lot of my life through me . This is something he wants to do and it is not hurting him or his family in anyway.

SlickDos1

OneBad 5.0
Established Member
I understand the thoughts. As to the ex I’m not angry with her anymore. I was years ago. I actually went to counseling to help me in general with life and to be a better father.
As far as the car goes the money my friend is gifting me he doesn’t want anything in return besides our true friendship. Which we had prior to any of this . Discussion of selling the car came up and he stated my kids would have something for them to either keep and enjoy or sell and split for them . This man is a true friend . I’m 39 this month , he is 62 and he says he lives a lot of my life through me . This is something he wants to do and it is not hurting him or his family in anyway.

Sounds like a good plan. Good luck with the purchase!!!

cbr repsol

Established Member
I understand everyone’s comment about it being to much but that is what the seller wants . Like anything it’s what people are willing to pay . When I post pics of the car then judge I paid to much . Or people may say wow!! Awesome car , worth every penny . Everything is in the eye of the beholder .

cbr repsol

Established Member
As long as everything goes to plan . I should have the car either before my birthday or a few days after . It’s the 21st this month.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's another way to look at this potential buy. First, I am assuming all of the mods were done perfectly and they're all relatively new or in truly outstanding condition. And, the car overall (interior and exterior) is excellent. Meaning no worries, maintenance/replacement wise. So if the buyer pays, say, $25K for a Mystichrome with 60K miles with minimal mods (factory Eaton). He then adds the mods that this Mystichrome has. He's now spend more than this one is selling for. I only mention this because the OP likes ALL of the mods because they're exactly what he would want to do. If any of the above conditionals aren't true, then the price of the car becomes more a factor. Also, I'm assuming that he likes convertibles, and/or really wants one versus a coupe.

Disclaimer: In the majority of cases, IMO, a Terminator/Mystichrome with 60K miles on the engine (how many miles on this built motor?) priced at $35K is high. The higher the quality/condition of the engine/mods the higher the value of the car.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
LOL at these dudes talking about thats too much money. These are the same people that would cheer on the guy who pays the same $35k for a bone stock, Comp Orange with 15k miles. The majority, not all, will never be able to buy one of these cars. Forget the bullshit from the past and be glad you're in a better place 10 years later. Negotiate a bit and see what you can save. Remember, cash talks man. Good luck with it man, that's a shit ton of car for $35k and @CobraBob has the right mindset. YOLO!

cbr repsol

Established Member
@Cobra Bob. he is exactly right! I would do and mod the car or any cobra like this one is . The owner now also mentioned to me that what he did , we have the same taste . So the car is pretty much built for me with me never knowing it . Lol
The built motor has about 35k on it . The car makes 710 rwhp on 16 pounds , so there is much much more in her as far as power. The car is equipped for that additional stress.

To all that know me I a good guy and will help out people with their car or just talk cars anytime .
Ironhand, ended up scamming people . I think at first he had good intentions. However , things changed .
As far as Gabe goes he was always really cool and respectful to me . I don’t know everything he did as to why he is not here anymore. So no , I did not bring them back.

cbr repsol

Established Member
Yes the car everything is pretty new and he sent me a picture of the car covered in the garage and he hasn’t used it in 6 months . I’ve seen the car in person a few years ago and it’s in even better condition than it was before. The before was still clean and well kept . Even more now than before .

Users who are viewing this thread