WTB: 2013 GT500 either DIB/black or SGM/black

Tonyalaskarms

Harley Rider
Established Member
Today I got a call back from the same dealer I saw earlier this summer. This was the dealer that had the Roush RS3 Mustang that I test drove, and didn't want. I was ready to put down a deposit for the Shelby, but they wanted a $10K ADM for the allocation the last time I was there. I sent him another message last week where I stated that I "forever refuse to pay an ADM", and told him I was ready to place an order for MSRP. Today he said he would order the car exactly the way I wanted for MSRP, nothing more.

After seeing all the nonsense going on with pricing on this car and the difficulty finding what I want (and not wanting to have to pay for what I don't want/need), I have decided to place the order. How do I confirm they really have an allocation and they aren't jerking me around?

What are some things I need to do when I meet with the salesman and put down my deposit? I am going to make sure the GM signs any kind of price agreement and deposit receipt.

I had a problem with a dealer, told me he had an allocation and he didn't, but on my second order they did, here is what I seen different have him build the order and tell him to send you a Vehicle order confirmation to review, On that order it should have a order type 1 and Priority 1 if not he does not have a confirmed allocation he also should be able to give you a order pull week.(This was my case)I hope it helps you, I placed my order and with in 4 weeks I had a Vin# and it was with in the week he told me.

SVTKen

Established Member
Excellent advice! Thanks!

Supposedly, he just got the allocation yesterday and called me once he got it. I think I believe him. So far this dealer has been honest. They just wanted an ADM and I refused to pay it.

EDIT:

This is a BIG dealer, and they sell a lot of Mustangs. That's why I originally went to them. What are the chances they got one of the "lottery" allocations I've heard some people on here talking about?

Last edited:

SVTKen

Established Member
I almost forgot. What if the priority is something other than 1, like say 10. What does the priority actually mean? This dealer sells tons of Mustangs, including Roush versions. At any given time, they usually have 40 Mustangs on the lot.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I almost forgot. What if the priority is something other than 1, like say 10. What does the priority actually mean? This dealer sells tons of Mustangs, including Roush versions. At any given time, they usually have 40 Mustangs on the lot.

The best any dealer can give you is Priority 10. Ford moves the priority to 1 when the order is pulled. And just because the dealer gives you a vehicle order confirmation, DOES NOT MEAN THEY HAVE an allocation. This has been confirmed numerous times.

SVTKen

Established Member
It seems like there must be a way to confirm a dealer allocation. Can't Ford confirm it once the order is made and there is a "vehicle order confirmation"? In other words, can't I give Ford customer service the dealer number and order confirmation number to confirm the allocation? How long would it take to figure out they are not telling the truth? I'm okay putting a deposit down if I can confirm the allocation quickly after the order is made.

EDIT:

Supposedly, the order has already been placed (yesterday), and I can change it. The order was real close to what I wanted and is based on information I provided before declining their 10K ADM offer this summer. The sales director wants to meet with me so I can give him my exact order information and he will update it for me.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
There really is no way to truly determine this. You just have to take the dealers word. And as a lot of people can attest to, a lot of dealers lie about this. If you are dead set on a 2013, I would look for one on the ground at this point. If you don't mind a 2014, then go ahead and place an order.

It is unfortunate but quite true. Amazing to see thread after thread about decent, car enthusiasts being lied to and screwed by these grease ball car dealers. Hopefully there will be a day when an educated consumer can simply order his vehicle, have it delivered and be done with these monkeys. Car dealerships, YUK! I always feel as if I need a shower when I walk out of those holes.

SVTKen

Established Member
Are you guys saying it's impossible this dealer just got a new allocation for a 2013 Shelby and that he is a liar?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Are you guys saying it's impossible this dealer just got a new allocation for a 2013 Shelby and that he is a liar?

No, there were a few redistributed this week. But I am saying it is a strong possibility. Just be aware that this behavior has been ongoing with numerous dealers since March. They are taking orders hoping they get another allocation, some do, most don't.

I just had a close friend, who ordered in March, find out last week that his dealer was lying the whole time. I kept telling him I didn't believe the dealer had an allocation. The dealer finally confessed. He was so pissed he went to another dealer and bought one off the showroom floor for 10K over sticker. This is the second friend this year that happened to.

Last edited:

drmustang

Banned
No, there were a few redistributed this week. But I am saying it is a strong possibility. Just be aware that this behavior has been ongoing with numerous dealers since March. They are taking orders hoping they get another allocation, some do, most don't.

I just had a close friend, who ordered in March, find out last week that his dealer was lying the whole time. I kept telling him I didn't believe the dealer had an allocation. The dealer finally confessed. He was so pissed he went to another dealer and bought one off the showroom floor for 10K over sticker. This is the second friend this year that happened to.

These are examples of the countless horror stories that involve dealing with the retail car business. This industry has an unehtical, disgusting, reputation that has been earned over many decades.

Users who are viewing this thread