WTB: 2013 GT500 either DIB/black or SGM/black

SVTKen

Established Member
I thought I would throw this out there since I have been unable to find what I'm looking for after a couple of days of searching.

I'm looking for either a Deep Impact Blue with black stripes or Sterling Gray Metallic with black stripes. Navigation/electronics is the only must have option. I'm looking to pay no more than MSRP.

All the dealers in the Maryland and northern Virginia area are complete ass clowns asking for $10,000 to $12,000 over MSRP, and then they try and sell me a Mustang GT or Roush Mustang.

I'm a bit surprised at the level of greed, stupidity, arrogance, and lack of professionalism from all the dealers in my area. One even wanted a $10K ADM to order their last precious allocation.

If I can't find this car for MSRP or less, I will be purchasing another vehicle instead. The Mustang is all about value, and after greedy dealers tack $10K ADMs onto a loaded Shelby, the value argument is hard to make.

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
I thought I would throw this out there since I have been unable to find what I'm looking for after a couple of days of searching.

I'm looking for either a Deep Impact Blue with black stripes or Sterling Gray Metallic with black stripes. Navigation/electronics is the only must have option. I'm looking to pay no more than MSRP.

All the dealers in the Maryland and northern Virginia area are complete ass clowns asking for $10,000 to $12,000 over MSRP, and then they try and sell me a Mustang GT or Roush Mustang.

I'm a bit surprised at the level of greed, stupidity, arrogance, and lack of professionalism from all the dealers in my area. One even wanted a $10K ADM to order their last precious allocation.

If I can't find this car for MSRP or less, I will be purchasing another vehicle instead. The Mustang is all about value, and after greedy dealers tack $10K ADMs onto a loaded Shelby, the value argument is hard to make.

Told you Brother that it wouldn't be exactly easy to find what you are looking for. They've not built enough to keep up with regular buyer demand and yet the demand for this car is sky high due to all of the hype and it being ole Shelby's last car. I expect dealers to get their ADMs as the 13s wind down and fewer remain on the lots.

However, with that said. Be patient and keep looking. Do not give up. Surely you will find your car but you must be willing to travel and except one with more options than just the electronics package. Good luck! :rockon:

SVTKen

Established Member
Yes, I've only spent a couple of days so far, but it's clear I'm not going to be able to work with any of the bigger dealers in my area. I'm willing to travel and I'm willing to accept a few options I didn't want to have to pay for such as the Track Package. What I'm not willing to do is pay an ADM. I have actually found a couple cars that were "close" to what I wanted at MSRP, but one had white stripes and the other did not have navigation. Both of those are deal breakers for me. It must have nav/electronics and I do not want the cartoonish white stripes on the exterior and seats. Initially I wanted deep impact blue, but now I also like sterling gray. It's just got to have black stripes and NAV. Other than that, I'm flexible. The search continues...

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
So you have started to search the entire country I presume?

Make sure you are calling. Not emailing.

And don't start off with "I wanna pay MSRP"

Also- white stripes- rip them off.

MaxTheTerrible

Established Member
So you have started to search the entire country I presume?

Make sure you are calling. Not emailing.

And don't start off with "I wanna pay MSRP"

Also- white stripes- rip them off.

Agree on the stripes. As far as calling vs. e-mailing, my personal experience suggests e-mail is a far better option, at least to start with. I would only call when you get an e-mail confirmation regarding the allocation...

Marc

Established Member
Patience is the key here. I looked for over a month before I found a dealer that would sell me one for MSRP. I bought it out of state and had it shipped to a local dealership.

SVTKen

Established Member
Today I got a call back from the same dealer I saw earlier this summer. This was the dealer that had the Roush RS3 Mustang that I test drove, and didn't want. I was ready to put down a deposit for the Shelby, but they wanted a $10K ADM for the allocation the last time I was there. I sent him another message last week where I stated that I "forever refuse to pay an ADM", and told him I was ready to place an order for MSRP. Today he said he would order the car exactly the way I wanted for MSRP, nothing more.

After seeing all the nonsense going on with pricing on this car and the difficulty finding what I want (and not wanting to have to pay for what I don't want/need), I have decided to place the order. How do I confirm they really have an allocation and they aren't jerking me around?

What are some things I need to do when I meet with the salesman and put down my deposit? I am going to make sure the GM signs any kind of price agreement and deposit receipt.

Last edited:

USV8PWR

Established Member
Today I got a call back from the same dealer I saw earlier this summer. This was the dealer that had the Roush RS3 Mustang that I test drove, and didn't want. I was ready to put down a deposit for the Shelby, but they wanted a $10K ADM for the allocation the last time I was there. I sent him another message last week where I stated that I "forever refuse to pay an ADM", and told him I was ready to place an order for MSRP. Today he said he would order the car exactly the way I wanted for MSRP, nothing more.

After seeing all the nonsense going on with pricing on this car and the difficulty finding what I want (and not wanting to have to pay for what I don't want/need), I have decided to place the order. How do I confirm they really have an allocation and they aren't jerking me around?

What are some things I need to do when I meet with the salesman and put down my deposit? I am going to make sure the GM signs any kind of price agreement and deposit receipt.

Ken, I would definitely confirm this allocation. An unused allocation this late in the game??? I am almost positive that unless it was their one and only allocation, Ford would have redistributed any unused allocations at this point to other Ford dealers. And now we have only 6 build weeks left to get in as many Shelbys as they can get engines built for yet we are hearing several hundred additional dealer allocations (allocations above and beyond the 1 per dealer who paid the SVT fee) are being moved to the next MY14 because they won't be able to get them built in this MY. And then there is the average build time that seems to be around 15 weeks, mine took 21 weeks from order to delivery!

I'd really question the crap out of this man. Check with that other poster and find out exactly what car he has located and see if it will meet your specs. Just my .02.

SVTKen

Established Member
How do I confirm the allocation? What kind of things do I need to get when I put down my deposit? I've never ordered a car before and need advice.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
How do I confirm the allocation? What kind of things do I need to get when I put down my deposit? I've never ordered a car before and need advice.

There really is no way to truly determine this. You just have to take the dealers word. And as a lot of people can attest to, a lot of dealers lie about this. If you are dead set on a 2013, I would look for one on the ground at this point. If you don't mind a 2014, then go ahead and place an order.

Users who are viewing this thread