wtb 2000 Cobra R- looking in NE, MW and Mid-atlantic.

JohnW#88

Established Member
Hi-

I'm retiring from road racing (SCCA and NASA) and want to treat myself to a new toy. Looking for a 2000 Cobra R. Weekend toy. It will also get a set of Hoosiers and see some track time. I need more fun and less of the BS that comes with competitive racing.

This is my first post here but, I've spend a great deal of time reading and learning. Thanks to the folks on this board for the great info.

Couple questions.
1. Any leads on a 2000 R "local"? I'm looking somewhere from NJ to Kansas. Have truck, trailer, cash and time to go get it. (I've already seen ebay's offerings)

2. Any R owners in NJ, eastern PA or NY who could offer insight I'd love to talk.

Work in NJ live in PA.

Thanks!
John

GaryGrimm

Established Member
Cobra R for sale in NC

This dealership has two cars for sale in North Carolina.
The first is the link below.
Morrison Motor Company

The second car is not on their website but it's in their museum. I think it has less than a 1000 miles on it and they want around 50K for it.

Good luck.
~Gary

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
There was a nice one in Altoona, PA just a couple weeks back. The eBay listing is expired, but you can always try to get in touch with the seller and find out what the outcome was:

Ford : Mustang | eBay

JohnW#88

Established Member
There was a nice one in Altoona, PA just a couple weeks back. The eBay listing is expired, but you can always try to get in touch with the seller and find out what the outcome was:]

Thanks.

Yeah, that one already sold. Bummer.

More... please.

JohnW#88

Established Member
You can also do an advanced search on eBay and find the listings that have ended.

This one is right down the road from me:

Going there next week for an alignment, I'll have to check and see if they still have it.

Then there is this:

Or this:

Thanks again.

Yeah, there are a number of them for sale.

Just looking for the right one.

1. Has the front lisc plate installed. Did someone really drill holes? Really? :bash:
2. Wants $65K. I told him maybe 5 years ago that could've happened.
3. Wants $53.5 firm. Not horrible, but I don't need/ want 100 mile show car. I plan on using the car for fun. Mid-Ohio, VIR and Summit Point!

Thanks for your help and please keep them coming.

:beer:

JohnW#88

Established Member
... yep, still looking.

Didn't realize this was going to be difficult. I need a road trip! :)

If you guys would be so kind, help educate me. (Sorry in advance if this has been covered somewhere else- I didn't see it). I'm just hoping to get a clearer picture of the market.

Would it be safe to assume the follow estimates *may/ could* apply to the 2000 R. Complete guesses here...

300 made.

*150 went into long term storage/ collections.
*100 are NOT for sale and have happy owners.
*10-20 are gone/ destroyed/ parted.

Would this leave around 30-40 units in transition?

Thanks all.

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Part of finding the "right" Cobra R for you is patience. They are out there, but you may just have to wait until the type you are looking for appears on the market. Keep hunting, as it will pay off.

TFStang

Established Member
Too bad you just started your search. A couple of months ago there were some killer deals out there, like $29K for a 10K mile car in CA and there were also a couple on here that switched hands in that range ($29K - $32K).

I'm sure something will pop up. Just be patient and ready to pull the trigger QUICK when it does or you will miss out.

Good luck!

JohnW#88

Established Member
Good luck!

Thanks, guys.

Watching daily.
Truck and trailer warmed up! Pile of cash burning a hole and Fuel Safe programed on speed dial. ;-)

Crazy thing.
Some of the cars currently on the market seem to have oddball owners. Many don't return calls/ e-mails. It's been a strange group I've run into so far... (present company certainly excluded).

BTW- how far off do you think my estimates on remaining *available*cars was?

JohnW#88

Established Member
Do you have anything to trade. I would entertain an offer of a jetstream blue zo6

Hrmmm. Tell me about #21.

Pleanty of toys but no chevys. If you want to get in to road racing let me know. ;-) Cash?

Baltimore is only couple hours away.

1 * 732 * 713 * 6193

Users who are viewing this thread