Wrench light, no limp mode, and o2 sensors?

oppolocker

Hi guys,

My car starts to mess with me again after the pulley shenanigans...:shrug:

The car drives fine, then if I step on it and drive semi aggressively, the car will throw a wrench light. Code reader tells me that there are two codes:

P0155: O2 sensor heater circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0050: HO2S heater control circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

no noticeable difference before& after wrench light in terms of power, or anything really.

Wrench light disappears after I restart the car. Reappears (after 5mins or so) when I restart it and drive super conservatively. However, if I leave the car over night and start driving it very conservatively, it doesn't seem to come on.

The car recently had an wiring issue with the fuel system, caused the car to die in the middle of a pull. Fixed it in a Ford dealer. I've had the wrench light issue before that thou.

The car (2011 GT500 nonSVTPP) has been sitting in Florida for a good 8 months or so, and has following mods:

Ford Racing Whipple 2.9 kit w/3" pulley
LT header
high flow cat xpipe
AFCO dual fan heat exchanger
2013 GT500 intercooler
93 Tune

The car is in California now, and is currently running on 100 octane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!:burnout:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
It's the long tubes. They run a lot cooler than factory manifolds so your O2 heaters don't reach x temp in x time.

It's a cel because it's emissions.

Tell your tuner and they can make the prescribed time to temp longer. Works "most" of the time.

Bj

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Have you gone through any significant puddles of water ? I had P0155 error, and both time is because I hit a huge puddle...once at speed, and another time because I had no way around. Both times it fouled out my 02 sensors. Now I will say I never got a wrench. Just the engine light code. I replaced my 02's and issue went away.

Now the other error you have I did not get. So for that, I have no ideal.

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
OP are you using extensions for the forward O2 sensors? BJ is most likely correct since hes a 5.4 Guru but it never hurts to make sure your connections are all good. I was getting the O2 codes but no wrench light and when I removed the extensions my problems went away.

Users who are viewing this thread