Wrecked the L :-(

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Well... Like the title says; she's been wrecked. I got rear-ended by a dope driving a 2wd F250 with a cow-catcher push-bar. The virtical bar smacked and pushed the bumper in, crunching up the bed side shown below.
No, the wreck was not my fault in any way shape or form; but yes, I'm getting DORKED by the insurance company. They're replacing the bed and all w/ used parts (which I'm ok with I guess); but they're only painting the bed. They expect to be able to "blend" the new paint w/ my 13 year-old black faded paint.. awesome.

IMAG0023.jpg

chuckdlightning

Established Member
Don't sign off the acceptance until they do it exactly how you want it.

I don't know if that'll help or hurt my situation. I spent a week climbing the latter w/ the insurance people. I got absolutely NOWHERE with them. They advised that they were going to have to stop paying for my rental vehicle if I was "unwilling" to let them make the repairs. They're technically only liable for the damage caused by the accident. It makes no difference to them whether or not my truck will look like crap after the "repairs" are done. My truck didn't have the prettiest paint-job around before the accident; but at least it was uniformly faded. Not half new and half old. I don't even get deminished value compensation since the truck has over 100k miles on it.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
I don't even get deminished value compensation since the truck has over 100k miles on it.
Insurance companies with give you every reason under the sun as to why you're specific case doesn't quality for deminished value compensation or anything else. Unless you either looked up the statue yourself or confirmed it with a lawyer don't believe a single word they say.

Myself and any other person that has delt with insurance companies over serious claims will tell you they will lie, cheat, and steal anyway they can think of to save a dollar.

330mach1

Established Member
i agree with what was said above. don't sign off on the release until the truck is up to your standards. If your vehicle wasn't mismatched before the accident it shouldn't be after the repair.I've had to deal with several insurances over the years(27 car accidents 1 was my fault and paid for without going thru insurance). If it's at a good enough body shop they'll buff the entire truck out before painting to remove the oxidation so it's actually easier for them to match the new paint with the old paint. good luck man.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
It's a good thing you're ok man. This is the kind of accident I think about when I'm on my bikes and I'm at a stoplight or coming to a stop; is the jerk behind me looking and coming to a stop? I constantly tap the brakes and ect to get their attention. lol

Off subject: Is that your TA in your avatar? Nice man.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Take the cash payout and get a shop to fix it that won't quote "insurance prices" and get the whole truck sprayed...

Dusten

Established Member
lawyer up, my wife got in a wreck in november and the insurance was offering laughable compensation. My lawyer got us 8x what they were offering in repairs and such. Its true that they are "liable" for any damage caused, but they must repair the vehicle to the state it was in prior to the wreck. Also, its a good time for a roll pan. A good body shop will work with you too. When my L got hit, the stock lower grill cost what a set of billet upper and lowers cost, so they bought those instead of the stock set.

Users who are viewing this thread