Wrecked My Car (Part II)

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Spun my car into the center divider yesterday. They are adding up the damages, around $9-$12k they don't know how bent it is until they put it on the rack. So far they are pushing to fix it. It is hard to believe that they can make the car look and drive like new again. Said it would take a month and that the paint would be better than the factory. With Ford that aint to hard to do. :mj:

Please don't do this to your car it is not fun.

Embalmer

Established Member
That really sucks, man. My brother did the same thing with his Honda Civic Si. He was taking an on ramp too quickly and caught some black ice and spun into the divider - first the rear than the front end. Body shop had his car for more than 3 weeks. The good news is that they replaced the aftermarket stuff he had on the car because it was cheaper to replace it than the OEM parts. Where in Chicago area did you wreck at?

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Originally posted by Embalmer
That really sucks, man. My brother did the same thing with his Honda Civic Si. He was taking an on ramp too quickly and caught some black ice and spun into the divider - first the rear than the front end. Body shop had his car for more than 3 weeks. The good news is that they replaced the aftermarket stuff he had on the car because it was cheaper to replace it than the OEM parts. Where in Chicago area did you wreck at?

I was getting on 80/294 heading back up north from Homewood. I just got on the highway and was making my way into the left lane when suddenly..........

I posted my story yesterday, but yes thank you I am very OK and that is way cool as well as it was only me in the accident with no passenger or other cars involved.

Last edited:

jrh99

Established Member
You must have hit the barrier pretty damn hard to do that to the rim!
Your a lucky s.o.b.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
You must have hit the barrier pretty damn hard to do that to the rim!
Your a lucky s.o.b.

I was going around 50 when I spun but when the front cought the divider is whiped the car around and slamed the back into the wall. I drove by the spot today and my car went a good 10-15 yards scraping the wall before I stopped.

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
Those pictures are worth thousands, and I am not talking words.
Dude, I am truly sorry as well, would not wish that on anyone.
Good luck..

bubbas929

Established Member
glad you are ok.

looks like she held up pretty well for such a hard hit. good luck with the restore

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
:eek:

That is going to give me nightmares.

You should of taken a sledge hammer to the rest of the car and finished the poor thing off.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Oh God dude, that makes me want to :xpl: I hope you get a new one. I don't think it will ever be the same again. Course, I am not a pro, I just know what others have told me. Good luck :beer:

lethal

Established Member
I need to sit down. Oh wait, I am. I ran outside to make sure that was not my car. Not good, I'm very happy your OK.

:xpl:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
After examining the pictures, I'd hope that they total it for you...the door is really out of alignment (front and rear shut lines) suggesting quite a bit of hidden damage to the unit body construction.

It takes guts to post the pictures. Thanks for the reality check...and seriously, you've reminded me about gap insurance...what a great idea. I'm talking to my agent about it tomorrow.

Hope all this works out 100% to your satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread