WOW stock tires suck

I8URZ28

gas mileage is overrated!
Established Member
I was just told by the dealership that i need all four new tires I only have 15K miles on the car and though I drive the car hard I dont break them loose all the time. That is shitty for a performance tire to only last 15K LOL...

So I am wondering how many miles people are getting on their stock tires before they need to replace them :beer:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
From what I've read/heard, people are lucky to make it to 10k miles on the stock F1s. I'd be happy with 15k miles out of a set of tires on this car.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Goodyear F1's suck ass!! I hate them and I hope they die and burn in HELL!! :fm: I almost lost my baby on a wet day because of those week tires. Got Michelin Sport and they rule!! 18x275 fronts and 18x335 in the rear = yum,yum!! :read:

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I killed mine at 10K miles. Front and rears were worn to the wear bars and I hadn't even rotated them yet. :-D

I8URZ28

Established Member
holy shit ! I am trying to milk 3-5k more out of the original tires how in the world did yours last to 25K :)

04CobraOwner

Established Member
I only got 9k out of the originals, but I had teensy pieces of rubber all over my fender wells and rear bumper every time I drove it... many on here say it was "road grime" and "exhaust" and other things - but when I changed out my tires, the problem stopped...

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i've got 8200 on mine. the f1's look pretty good but i think i'm going to change them anyway this spring. they just don't bite. i want some gs-d3s . heck, its just money!

04CobraOwner

Established Member
I have the gs-d3's - they have done well for me so far, but I'll let you know if they still bite after my upgrades this week (pulley is in, getting tuned on tuesday)

SVT8U

Established Member
The stock f1 lasted for 20k on the rears, and the fronts still look to be at least 50%. Im VERY easy on my car lol. Ill take some pics when I take them off. I dont really think that the f1's are that bad of tires. They handle decent and wear ok, they just cannot handle the power under acceleration, but not many street tires can handle 400+rwhp.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
Not sure why people make that assumption. But when the hell have performance tires ever lasted? and what makes you think that performance = long lasting tire?

why would a soft compound tire, on a heavy car, with lots of horsepower last a long time?

drive it like your 80 years old and they might last, or just drive it highway and you might get some more miles.

but the higher the performance tire, usually the less miles you get out of it.

if you getting up on it youll be lucky to get 5k to 9k out of a set of tires.

or buy a 4 door standard focus, can probably get a lot of miles out of the tires on that car.

I8URZ28

Established Member
1st off...old thread

2nd ... 15K miles is kind of bad for stock performance tires --expecially due to the fact that I do not get on my car too horribly and they were down to the cords

3rd.. I am very aware that performance tires do not last as long as regular tires --and I have had performance cars in the past (multiple mustangs) that the tires haven't looked that bad @15K even driven hard.

so don't be a dick

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread