Wow! Koni yellow rears only installed on GT

macbar13

Established Member
Cool, that would be helpful! I only want the Yellows since I've read so many positive things about them. My car is also a DD that I like to drag race occasionally but I'd also like it to handle well too (been thinking about going to Barber some).

For me it's not just being able to make them soft or firm, it's being able to fine tune them exactly to the spring to get the best ride and damping, which is what I was after. I have had the koni yellow's on my Taurus SHO for almost 10 years and they have been great! Still working awesome too!

macbar13

Established Member
The back end would be all mushy and unpredicatable when it was at its limit and you couldn't really accelerate hard until the corners were done more or less but now the back end stays planted and you can actually put power down the whole time with confidence as it seems you get a bit more communication with the rear end in terms of what it can and can't handle.

From everything I've read, a fayes II watts link will improve it just that much more which is the only other thing I really plan to do with the suspension aside from maybe LCA's with the ajdustable brackets

I hear ya. I agree, the rear is more "planted" now. I just did a clover leaf exit near where I live today and I was flying! The clover leaf is four sweeping exit ramps with decreasing radius exits that are one right after another and then back to where you started. The car was pretty neutral. A little gas and the rear was loose, too much speed and pushed the front, nice steady throttle and four wheel drift. Sweet!

I like the fayes II, but may be overkill for me. The car handles really well now. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread