Wow, Addicted!!!!

dragon40k

Established Member
And for the record, my spin was just to test the corner marshall. I saw the yellow coming up about halfway through it, so he passed. :kaboom:

Good thing he was paying attention! I think about a 100 heads turned when they heard you start going around. The corkscew is easily visible from the entire paddock. I'm glad the fellas behind you was paying attention and got it slowed down.

Kevin I think your sentra was the loudest car on the track. The silver focus was frustrating but I kept hearing Jeffs voice in my head each time I caught up to his train. "Everyone learns at thier own pace"

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Kevin: It was hard not to notice that car. :) You did seem to be hauling serious arse though.. Well done!!

GR40Must: I did notice that the car was higher the second day.. I could see that puff of tire smoke less on the sunday. It was still there though. It was particularly bad when you had set up someone for the pass after big bend, and were on the inside at the pavement transition. The track is smoother on the right, but it way too hard to get back out there after making a pass.

TroyV

Established Member
Sure was good to see half of New England down there again, Troy.
Congrats on getting the Titanic home.

+1 on long run sessions. I got in 107 miles, but I don't quite lap as fast as you. :D And I had developed an engine vibration that curtailed my last session.

This is some of what I wanted Ken (OP) to see when I dragged him there. The friendships you can build up and the camaraderie that I think is somewhat unique to track events. Shared experiences (and shared oil slicks).

And for the record, my spin was just to test the corner marshall. I saw the yellow coming up about halfway through it, so he passed. :kaboom:

I did hear about your spin, but my comment was intended for the 4 or so repeat offenders.....and they always seemed to do it in front me......and it was almost always one of the instructors. Those crazy guys!!! :)

Last edited:

GR40Must

Established Member
I agree,the track was more the problem than any of the cars,Summitt is just that kinda place. We had rubbing on the old GR40 black coupe last year in the bowl. We were running 275's all the way around on the 93 and they contact the inside of the rear 1/4,but if you run 255's no problems.

I just avoided the bowl this time in the 03 and went around the top,did not want to hit the Canton pan,oh yea the headers were shaved buy Sunday so they did not rub the back strait anymore....What a blast!!!!!!

I forgot to thank Jeff too for his instruction.
That is one of my favorite groups to run with,every one is very nice and no one has tooo big of a ego to let a faster car pass...

PS...... Doug's Saleen Ranger was the loudest domestic at the event. I drove it in the instructer session and I was almost Deaf at the end of the session. It was fun to drive but very slow on the straits.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I did hear about your spin, but my comment was intended for the 4 or so repeat offenders.....and they always seemed to do it in front me......and it was almost always one of the instructors. Those crazy guys!!! :)

You can't find the absolute limit without crossing it every now and again:-D

TroyV

Established Member
That may be true, but do it in front of someone else!!!!! :)

Kevin@PAS

Established Member
Hey Troy...

2462346005_aaeb7becd0_b.jpg

TroyV

Established Member
Very nice. Thanks for the eye candy.

If Miller posts them, I'll send you a link to the shots he got....some of which are of the smoking hot Hoochie girl that was there. Chicka wah wah...

Last edited:

Gastrader1

Established Member
I know of one Grigg's car that did not have any issues of ride height, MINE:banana:

I want to thank everyone that came and had a great SAFE time. Track and hotel contracts have been signed for 2009, May 2-3 Summit Point. See you all there, I HOPE.
Brian Shafranek

David Hester

Established Member
A bunch of us from FocalJet.com went to VIR 4-5 years ago and beat up on all kinds of cars in our little grocery getters.
The SVT Focus is like a little gokart.
Welcome to our addiction. :banana:

GR40Must

Established Member
We will be there and happy to sponsor some of the event again.
This time we wont forget the SVTOA logo on the instructors shirts,too much last minute car building and running around going on.
We hope to have Bruce Griggs at the next event to give a seminar and GR40 drives.
Mark

rtomlin

Member GCassidy Fan Club
Established Member
I know of one Grigg's car that did not have any issues of ride height, MINE:banana:

I want to thank everyone that came and had a great SAFE time. Track and hotel contracts have been signed for 2009, May 2-3 Summit Point. See you all there, I HOPE.
Brian Shafranek

Mine didn't either, although there was some minor clearancing of the inner wheelwell liners going on in the Karussel, the Corkscrew and Loop Curve. :beer: Never knew just how bumpy Shen was until I got rid of all that nasty chassis flex and rubber bushings. Now I can't wait to run the Main Circuit!

Rick

03'Darin

Established Member
Just another participant here that had a great time.... AGAIN!! :banana:

I love reading the stories from the first timers at these events. I NEVER forget how excited I got when I had my first opportunity to do a ride along during a track event that I was just a spectator at. I couldn't belive there was something like this and it's TOTALLY LEGAL. I immediately started gathering parts and trying to scrape money together to build my first SSGT race car. In fact on the drive home I was already working on "the plan". lol

The guys have already given you great advice as how to progress so I'll skip that part.

First off I can't believe we got so lucky with the weather. The weather report on thursday was calling for 50-60% chance of rain for both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday was about as perfect of a day as you could get and other than being a bit to hot on Saturday, it's was a great day too.

As someone already mentioned the group of people that attend this event are second to none. Except of course for the *insert multiple expletives here* in the white Ford GT. I rode with him as an instructor last year in a Saleen vehicle and my comment when I got out of the vehicle was "he should never be allowed on the track again". I still stand by that comment.

Greg.... I was two cars behind you when you spun.... just far enough I didn't get to see it (because you were just up over the hump) but close enough that as soon as I saw the yellow waving I actually had a wheel lock up briefly under hard braking. All was good... you didn't hit anything.... nobody hit you.... and we didn't have any rear-enders (like we saw happen on 81 during our trip down) when traffic briefly backed up.

Also it was another year with a nice variety of vehicles. Some awesome Fox Body cars (I'm very jealous), SN-95's, 197's, Saleens, Griggs, Focus's, a couple of GT's and so on... Plus one of the 3% in a vette (silver) that can drive.

Attrition really seemed to be high this year. I feel bad for you guys that had to start the year with problems this early on. Sean with the broken rear end, the Roush with the oil pan damage, Gary with the broken motor, the poor guy that broke a brake line and did some pretty good damage when he hit the wall and everyone else that went home with work to do (other than of course the normal maintenance and new go fast parts).

Thanks Brian and Gina for the work you do to put this event together. It's come a long way since that first event at Beaver run. :burnout:

I was fortunate enough that I only have a couple of small issues to address with my car. This was my 3rd event since I completed the transformation of the car and the first two involved trying to fix problems. I actually got to run the car a ton this weekend (I went out in both advanced 1 and 2 most of the weeknd) and it still drove up on the trailer under it's own power at the end of the weekend. :-D

WELCOME ABOARD you new addicts and great to see all of the old ones!!

After a L O N G night out Saturday our group came up with our official track name...... "Shot Girl Racing". :-D:-D

Darin

TroyV

Established Member
The guy in the silver C5 is George DiGregorio. George is a seriously fast driver. He is also one of the reps for the Baystate Corvette Club in NE.

I found that I could just barely hang with him if I turned it up, but I kept getting sucked into driving his line, and overcooking everything. Once I backed off a few more lengths and drove my own lines, it would even out a little, but he was still quicker overall.

03'Darin

Established Member
The guy in the silver C5 is George DiGregorio. George is a seriously fast driver. He is also one of the reps for the Baystate Corvette Club in NE.

I found that I could just barely hang with him if I turned it up, but I kept getting sucked into driving his line, and overcooking everything. Once I backed off a few more lengths and drove my own lines, it would even out a little, but he was still quicker overall.

Well George is definately fast. He's the only guy that passed me all weekend (not counting the guys I pointed by while I was getting the motor up to temp :p)..... and he did it TWICE. lol

Users who are viewing this thread