Wow! 700 hp 2015 gt

brandonflood123

Established Member
wooo thank god, for a second i thought that that was an option from the factory. but its an aftermarket upgrade

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
99% volume efficiency. :eek: Holy cow.

Looks like Whipple is going after Roush/VMP and their TVS with this new setup.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That a nice upgrade! The lines have already started to form. :)

svt 500

Established Member
I wonder how long it will hold together? Even if it does, it seems it would have to have a lot of other mods to tie the whole package together. Guess we'll know soon enough.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I really don't see how you guys think this is something groundbreaking... They "design" a whipple for the 2015 which has essentially the same motor as the 11-14 and you guys seem to be amazed by this? am I missing something here?

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I really don't see how you guys think this is something groundbreaking... They "design" a whipple for the 2015 which has essentially the same motor as the 11-14 and you guys seem to be amazed by this? am I missing something here?

I'm just amazed that it made yahoo news

oldmodman

Established Member
Actually, it is a new design for Whipple.

The intake is in the front. It gets rid of a couple of really sharp bends.

And they will not be making it for the 03 Cobra:cryying:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The story is a bit misleading. Volumetric efficiency in this case means it takes air in and moves it all back out. Congratulations, it's a blower, it should do that.

Less than 1hp at cruise? Duh. You're not making boost and the bypass is open. Of course it's a low power consumption figure in those conditions. Start making boost and the hp required starts going up.

Someone asked if centrifugal blowers were better with regard to not heating incoming charge: yes, they are a lot better. But with a single speed drive, they require higher engine rpm to start making boost, so low-end torque is reduced. Where a positive displacement blower scores is low-end power production.

I have tried for years, just messing around because I'm not an engineer, to make a multi-speed transmission to drive a centrifugal blower. But I keep coming up with big, clunky designs that won't fit under the hood. Almost all of the great piston engine fighters of WWII had centrifugal blowers with multi-speed drives. I keep trying to copy what they did, with no luck.

Blakonblak94

Wishin it was SVT
Established Member
The story is a bit misleading. Volumetric efficiency in this case means it takes air in and moves it all back out. Congratulations, it's a blower, it should do that.

Less than 1hp at cruise? Duh. You're not making boost and the bypass is open. Of course it's a low power consumption figure in those conditions. Start making boost and the hp required starts going up.

Someone asked if centrifugal blowers were better with regard to not heating incoming charge: yes, they are a lot better. But with a single speed drive, they require higher engine rpm to start making boost, so low-end torque is reduced. Where a positive displacement blower scores is low-end power production.

I have tried for years, just messing around because I'm not an engineer, to make a multi-speed transmission to drive a centrifugal blower. But I keep coming up with big, clunky designs that won't fit under the hood. Almost all of the great piston engine fighters of WWII had centrifugal blowers with multi-speed drives. I keep trying to copy what they did, with no luck.

Jim how do you feel able running a wastegate type setup on a centri, from a scientific standpoint? Throw on a small pulley, make boost down low and let it bleed off up top. (Granted this is if the blower can handle being spun higher on the top end).

BLAKE 01 WS6

Established Member

i-1 Supercharger

Users who are viewing this thread