Would you trade-in for a 2011 5.0?

Would you trade your Terminator for a 5.0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
Yes? No?

I can tell this is coming..:burn: Flame suit on.

I doubt i could go through with it since ive dumped so much into this car, its limited production #'s, the power it has, and how it will always hold a place in modern musclecar history... however, the new 5.0 is shaping up to be an awesome ride IMO. Enough so that the question has crept into my mind a time or two.

Whats your take?

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Short answer is no ! The 5.0 is going to have to be proven first & I try not to buy the first year of any new model car.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
that thread is predicting the value of the terminators with the 2011 out. I was asking if you would personally trade regardless of value.

Anyways, im actually a little surprised nobody would entertain it. Or i guess the more appropriate answer is that those who would, proabaly arent an enthusiast like the fanbase on this website.

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
I wish I could... I would love a new 5.0. But I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Yeah, he'll get flamed cause those topics are exactly the same:dw:

I love the body of the 10+ and the 5.0 is more power stock for stock and boosted I bet it is a beast. But...happier with mine. Might trade the Mach1 in on it!:beer:

More CLAIMED power. The 2003/2004 Cobras were underrated from the factory and were dynoing 360+; that is about 420 at the crank, which is where published ratings are taken. We'll have to see what the 5.0s dyno at.

I'll bet they take to nitrous real well, though.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
More CLAIMED power. The 2003/2004 Cobras were underrated from the factory and were dynoing 360+; that is about 420 at the crank, which is where published ratings are taken. We'll have to see what the 5.0s dyno at.

I'll bet they take to nitrous real well, though.

+1 They should be nitrous monsters, and whipple has already came out with new 2.3 for them. Sad part is though with that compression ratio, the max boost they can run is like 7#'s for a forecasted 600hp (at the engine of course).

It will be interesting to see them once they start hitting the roads, tracks and aftermarket

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would trade in any other mustang, but not a Terminator. I would consider that a down grade.

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member
I clicked yes, but thought this was a general forum and not specific. I apoligize for that. On the other hand I probably would not if I had a cobra. It would be a hard toss up. I did sell my coupe and I plan on using my daily as a trade in for a new 5.0 though.

VictorySong

Established Member
The only way I'd sell off my Cobra is if Ford brought back a foxbody styled mustang. Weight ~ 3100-3200, with the new 5.0 motor, and IRS. Even then I'd probably rather have the HP potential of the 03/04 cobras.

Users who are viewing this thread