Would you enlist? Why or why not?

juzlookzfazt

Established Member
Ok I just want to get a feel of who would voluntarily enlist into the Armed Forces regardless of branch? Army, Navy or Marines, Air Force? Any branch. Also..along with the branch of preference, why you would voluntarily enlist.

If you wouldn't enlist into the Armed Forces, what are your reasons? The reasons can include anything from bias, radical beliefs, career goals, and even straight up hate.

So basically..who would enlist? Why or why not? Its kind of a poll I'm taking.

For the ones currently enlisted or serving, would you leave given the chance? would you stay given the opportunity? Explain. Ready..set..GO! lol (BTW, do not compose answers and beliefs based on other peoples responses to this thread, make it your own, answers via PMs are welcomed)

I know threads like these exist already..but I want new and fresh ideas considering the circumstances such as our newly elected. Though I mentioned the election..keep the election OUT OF THIS THREAD PLEASE!

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I wouldnt enlist mostly because I don't really support war. I think the only war I would fight in would be if the front line was at American borders.

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
so when they stole our planes and crashed them into our buildings that wasnt on americas borders????

svt_nick69

Established Member
i went and told my army recruiter. send me over to iraq asap. Infantry all the way baby. I leave for basic in 2 weeks. cant wait.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
In a heartbeat.

Why? My love for this country and the freedoms she allows is worth fighting for, protecting and dying for. If it affords my family the best life possible then so be it.

I would hope that every TRUE American would feel the same way.

Last edited:

bright blue

Established Member
No. I couldn't serve under a terrorist sympathizer that called our troops murderers, that we have in Office come January.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It all depends on what your goals are and what direction you want to take YOUR life. I enlisted 18 years ago and would do it again in a second. As far as leaving I can leave at the end of my contract just like anybody else who signs a contract. If you leave before the end of your contract bad things can happen. But that's anywhere you go. BTW- don't join (or not join) based on one event- ie the "war" or who the President currently is- you serve your country, not any one sitting President. Join because you believe in a greater good that you can be a part of and have a positive impact on. There are other benefits to joining as well. Free education both during and after the military. I know hundreds of military members that got their bachelors or higher DURING their tours. A degree will help you to advance both in and out of the military.

Last edited:

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
awesome guys. im a SSG in the army and i would do it all over again. the army is what you make of it. work hard and do what you are supposed to and you will go far. make sure you take your training seriously because it will save your life. its not a video game over there, you play for keeps. good luck guys

Haulin_05

Does that have a V8?
Established Member
ya i dont buy into the conspiracy theory of a bunch of monkeys flying commercial planes strategically into buildings sorry

i should just leave the thread now before this gets bad lol

You have no idea how retarded you are do you? You think they are just some dumb people. They have been fighting for centuries and are the most patient fighters. Research Ali Mohamed... they had been planning this for years and did it very well.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
You have no idea how retarded you are do you? You think they are just some dumb people. They have been fighting for centuries and are the most patient fighters. Research Ali Mohamed... they had been planning this for years and did it very well.

you've got your opinion, I've got mine. Its been argued too many times with no 'cut and dry' answer. End of discussion.

GodStang

Established Member

Don't even try. there are people who still believe the earth is flat and the dinosaurs where put here by God to trick people into thinking the earth is older than it really is.

Coiled03

Established Member
If I wasn't already disqualified due to age, and I was called to do so, then absolutely. But I would NOT voluntarily join in a time of peace because I feel I can contribute more to the defense of the country doing what I do now.

Users who are viewing this thread