Would you do it again?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
My only complaint is the front seat head rests. They are angled to far forward.

This has been addressed by Ford in the most recent builds... my august '12 build has adjustable headrests that ratchet forward and can go all the way back.

I imagine they're probably a drop-in part, you could replace yours with the new version I'm sure.

ViciousJay

Established Member
No doubt, I would do it again. I LOVE this car.

401a interior-not much lateral support, but I love the way it looks. Brembo brakes - work well for open tracking, but worth it for the traction control calibration. Love the new engine...everything else aside, I'd be happy with a stripped-down car, if that was all I could afford. I have a stick, but I am certain I would have been happy with an auto with *this* engine. Handles great for it's size and weight.

dislikes:
I wish the seats would return to the same position like on my other cars. It's a pain to adjust every time I put something in the back seat. Don't like the vanity mirror covers, but at least Ford fixed that for '12. Wish the dealer ordered the spoiler delete like we agreed. Brembo package should have come with the rear splash guards to protect from rock chips. Hate the capless fuel filler. Glad I saved a spare tire for this car...didn't come with one. Would have liked a telescoping wheel.

i agree with everything here, i wish i had a spoiler delete as well. Would i do it over again knowing everything i know now? Sure but i might consider a few other cars as well

these cars with gears and bolt ons are on par with pullied cobras

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
Are you short? My wife complains about the same thing. Its not a problem for me though.

I don't know about him but I am not short, and I hate the angle of the head rests as well. If they are going to angle them like that they never should have put them out without being adjustable. I am 5'11 .. maybe 6'+ guys its not as annoying? idk seems like it would be annoying unless you were like 5' flat and your head was under it lol

ViciousJay

Established Member
I don't know about him but I am not short, and I hate the angle of the head rests as well. If they are going to angle them like that they never should have put them out without being adjustable. I am 5'11 .. maybe 6'+ guys its not as annoying? idk seems like it would be annoying unless you were like 5' flat and your head was under it lol

im 6'3 and its annoying as hell

cmsnake

Established Member
I traded in my '04 bmw 545i 6 speed manual for my '11 auto. Ive had several mustangs as well as a bolt on C5 6 speed in the past. Would definately do it again. The new mustang is a very nice daily driver, especially with the new automatic. Its quicker than my bolt on C5 and is comfortable and docile in rush hour traffic. Fit and finish isnt on par with the beemer but thats to be expected. The only disappointment I have is the shaker 500 stereo, but agian this is compared to the logic7 stereo in the beemer which is outstanding.

fake

Established Member
Yes, I would do it again. If I could do it again, I would go with an automatic transmission. Shifting gears isn't as fun as it use to be when I was younger.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
No doubt, I would do it again. I LOVE this car.

401a interior-not much lateral support, but I love the way it looks. Brembo brakes - work well for open tracking, but worth it for the traction control calibration. Love the new engine...everything else aside, I'd be happy with a stripped-down car, if that was all I could afford. I have a stick, but I am certain I would have been happy with an auto with *this* engine. Handles great for it's size and weight.

dislikes:
I wish the seats would return to the same position like on my other cars. It's a pain to adjust every time I put something in the back seat. Don't like the vanity mirror covers, but at least Ford fixed that for '12. Wish the dealer ordered the spoiler delete like we agreed. Brembo package should have come with the rear splash guards to protect from rock chips. Hate the capless fuel filler. Glad I saved a spare tire for this car...didn't come with one. Would have liked a telescoping wheel.

What spare did you save? It doesnt come with one cuz they dont fit over the brembos. I hope your not carrying around a spare that wont fit over your brembos, lol.

chrisheltra

Established Member

I wouldnt call that short. Id call that average. Im the same height. Im interested in the possibility of stock adjustable head rests though.

Grant808

Established Member
What spare did you save? It doesnt come with one cuz they dont fit over the brembos. I hope your not carrying around a spare that wont fit over your brembos, lol.

Thanks for ASSuming that I'm that stupid. :poke:

The spare will only fit the rear. For a front flat I'd have to swap a rear wheel forward. I only take the spare when I'm going open tracking or for long trips that are further than AAA will tow me.

And the headrest does tilt too far forward. A real pain with a helmet on. I just recline the seat more, but it's tough on my lower back.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
I sold a 04 GT with 28k miles and got me a premium auto which is smooth as heck. The part I don't like is that the car is so quiet/smooth that you really can't tell how fast you get up to speed lol It can be misleading but only the guys in the other lane suffer the consequences.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
This might sound bad, but an 03' Mach can't compare to the new car. Every thing about the car is great.

SCMOKN

Established Member
^^ Not really! The new cars have 7+ years of advancement to make them better. My mind is made up I will be getting a 2012, just not sure of the color. Its either Kona blue, Grabber blue, or silver.SemperFiMarine2 silver one is making me want a silver one.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
^^ Not really! The new cars have 7+ years of advancement to make them better. My mind is made up I will be getting a 2012, just not sure of the color. Its either Kona blue, Grabber blue, or silver.SemperFiMarine2 silver one is making me want a silver one.

Look at Kona Blue in the sunlight before you decide. I was sold on Candy Red until I saw Kona Blue in person on a sunny day.

Shaun@AED

I sold my 31k mile TT 9 second 93Cobra. (711RW thru an auto, totally streetable and passed smog)

I could not be happier with my new GT.

My only complaints are size/weight and the interior....but I yanked the seats and installed FX1-Pro's.

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
I sold my 31k mile TT 9 second 93Cobra. (711RW thru an auto, totally streetable and passed smog)

I could not be happier with my new GT.

My only complaints are size/weight and the interior....but I yanked the seats and installed FX1-Pro's.

True.. the seats are awful.. after coming from my M3 to this, the seats were a big complaint of mine initially

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I would certainly do it again.

First: 2007 GT (3:55).
07Mustang2.jpg

Sold it and bought a 2010 GT with Track Pack (3:73).
2010GT001.gif

Sold it and bought a 2011 GT 5.0 (3:73 and Brembo):
2011Mustang-1.jpg

The 5.0 is a keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread