• Yes.

Votes: 111 78.7%
  • No.

Votes: 30 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OneManWolfpack

Established Member
Applying for my concealed has made me think a lot about carrying (of course), and all of the different situations that can arise.

I just recently just thought of one: Would you carry your weapon on a first date? I know that some restaurants you are not supposed to carry where alcohol is served blah blah blah, but just forget about that for a second.

Would you? Would you tell your date that you are, or would you keep it to yourself until future dates?

EDIT: No alcohol will be consumed on this date. Of course, firearms and alcohol do not mix.

Last edited:

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I wouldn't say anything unless she's comfortable around guns and knows you carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I would have it in the car, hidden. But, first few dates I usually meet the girls somewhere for both our comfort.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
To be different, its a good way to find out if she is going to stick around for the long haul. If something like that is a deal breaker for her, find a different woman

I carry mine 99 percent of the time, especially with my family and friends

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it... Carry concealed. Let her know that you believe in your 2nd amendment right to bear arms. Get her view on the subject. If she doesn't want anything to do with guns, it's better to know now than later.

Machdup1

Established Member
Carry, but don't talk about it. Better yet, see if she wants to go shooting on a first date. If she enjoys shooting, continue the relationship.

musclefan21

Established Member
If you have conceal carry permit, then you should carry it at all times. Except when you go out and get drunk with friends.

Oh and I agree, don't tell her anything about it. She doesnt need to know that at that point.

Last edited:

Two 5.0s

Established Member
If you have conceal carry permit, then you should carry it at all times. Except when you go out and get drunk with friends.

Oh and I agree, don't tell her anything about it. She doesnt need to know that at that point.

X2 on both accounts, I have a CWP but i however don't always have it on me (the gun that is).

MATREDGT

Established Member
It's called concealed for a reason.

I agree 100%. I didn't tell my family or friends that I had my CPL and carried almost daily. It took my ex 2 months to find out that I was carrying because she hit the gun with her hand one day.

I see no problem with carrying on a first date either. It's very rare that I leave my house without my weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread