Would you buy a Cobra that is already turboed?

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
I want to hear what owners of turboed cobras have to say if they had to start scratch? OR do you feel that it just isnt worth it? I want honest answers guys :shrug:

TRBO VNM

all depends. I would look it over with a fine tooth comb. and if you don't know what to look for, find someone that does.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
From what I see, all the turbo guys are pretty dang meticulous with their cars. I would definately be interested in a used turbo setup. You can save so much money it's not even funny. My car is solid, definately not perfect, but it is stout. I know if I ever sold it the new owner would absolutely love this car. You can pretty much tell right off the bat if the owner of the car you are trying to buy has taken care the car. My car is my pride and joy and I take pride in the modifications I do to it to keep it tasteful, fast and as reliable as a big powered cobra can be.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
You know, i have noticed the same thing. The Turbo Cobra owners are proably the most Anal people i have ever met but thats why there are no turbo cobras failing, and they ALL run great with awesome numbers! I must admit i seen a couple of turbo cars sell and they went for prices that are saving a LOT of money. Very tempting when i could pick up a used turbo cobra and my bike for the price it will cost to build one. I amagine there will be quite a bit more for sale as times goes on. But i want to find on taht the owner just got the kit on and hasnt had much time to drive it let alone beat on it.

bouncer18

Established Member
my car is always dirty
i hardly wash it
interior has papers everywhere
wheels have brake dust on them
trunk has my bowling ball in it

but the car sure does run good... lol

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
...snip...But i want to find on taht the owner just got the kit on and hasnt had much time to drive it let alone beat on it.

Hellionsign.jpg
you rang?

See sig

TRBO VNM

postban said:
Hellionsign.jpg
you rang?

See sig

+1, you won't be disappointed with this car. I get dibs on the valve covers though...hahaha.

that is definitely a good deal man, someone needs to snatch it up.

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
I would be interested in a turbo car, especially if he has a kit thats known to be quality.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I've been in postbans car and it was amazing. He has also thought of everything and has not taken any shortcuts. You would not be dissappointed.

97supra

I will ONLY buy a car that has the mods done already myself. I have had two built so far.................. lost my ass on both when you go to sell them. I know it's not a money making game but if you can find someone that has done or "had done" all the work correctly you should be fine. It will save you big BIG money.

Scott C.

Users who are viewing this thread