Would this be weird?

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Scenario (hypothetical):

You know there's a big car cruise coming up soon (we'll say Mustang cruise) and you know, in the neighbor hood next to yours, there's a really nice Mustang (say...Roush that is always clean) that you see often when driving by, but you don't know the people that live there, or who drives the car. You drive a nice Mustang as well (we'll just say 03 black 10th anniversary cobra *drool*). Would it be weird to knock on their door some sunny afternoon to see if they would like to attend said Mustang cruise?

Curious what the great minds of SVTP think.:beer:

LS2GTO

Established Member
Nah, especially if you start with a line such as 'Nice mustang, was just driving by and saw your car and I thought I'd say hi'. Then as the convo would most likely continue regarding said mustang, you can mention the cruise and invite them to come.

Better than just knocking on the door of a stranger and saying hey come hang out with us.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
It might be a little weird. Best to catch them washing the car or at least outside, but if you never see them go ahead and knock.

I've stopped when I saw a mustang in my neighborhood and one in my in-laws neighborhood, but they were outside. Both were very cool about talking cars.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
I wouldnt think it would be too weird. Especially if you caught them outside and stopped.

Not much different than someone seeing you at a gas station and asking you questions, etc.

SVT03DAL

Established Member
If the guy is truly a Mustnag enthusiast then it should be a pretty easy convo to initiate. If anything they probably have thought or wished they had an opportunity to talk to you.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Im always up for talking to other mustang people, especially if its something like you are talking about. If they are outside and not obviously in a hurry to leave or go inside i think they wouldnt mind.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Put a note on the windshield telling them who you are, and when the cruise is. Then they can decide to accept or not.

Jim Snover

divided

Established Member
I had a guy from the neighborhood put a note and business card for his 'performance' shop on my car one night. Kinda weird because he literally lived next door and it was obvious who did it. But he never spoke a word to me.

RedDemon91

Established Member
I don't think it's weird at all. If his car is as nice as you say it is, then he's probably an enthusiast like yourself. Go say hi, he's not gonna shoot you for asking to come to a meet :beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
Put a note on the windshield telling them who you are, and when the cruise is. Then they can decide to accept or not.

Jim Snover

That's what I do. I have a few fliers for the Yellow Mustang Registry and put them on Yellow Mustangs. If someone has a yellow Mustang they must Really like yellow.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
My wife and I love mustangs and any model performance car that some man or women, boy or girl has taken the time to enhance it's looks or performance. I acknowledge anybody's effort regardless of the vehicle. We are stopped all the time or people come up to us and just want to talk about the GT500's. I even raise the hood or let them sit in the car and check it out. I would not think it weird if somebody came by my house and saw our mustangs and just wanted to talk about them or invite to a show or cruise. That's one of the reasons we buy these cars. I have stopped many times and talked to people or knocked on their doors to talk about their rides. Have never had nothing but a show of enthusiasm or respect from a fellow car owner. So stop by and knock. I will show you the same courtesy.

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
My wife and I love mustangs and any model performance car that some man or women, boy or girl has taken the time to enhance it's looks or performance. I acknowledge anybody's effort regardless of the vehicle. We are stopped all the time or people come up to us and just want to talk about the GT500's. I even raise the hood or let them sit in the car and check it out. I would not think it weird if somebody came by my house and saw our mustangs and just wanted to talk about them or invite to a show or cruise. That's one of the reasons we buy these cars. I have stopped many times and talked to people or knocked on their doors to talk about their rides. Have never had nothing but a show of enthusiasm or respect from a fellow car owner. So stop by and knock. I will show you the same courtesy.

GREAT post, i agree 100% :rockon:

I will echo what most have said, just grab a few beers and go say hi. In the very least, even if he doesn't come to the meet, you'll have a new friend and fellow car enthusiast.

I've had people from all walks of life talk to me about my cars, from the imports i've had to the american muscle. I have in turn shown the same respect and enthusiasm myself! Hell, when i moved into my new house a little while back i saw that my neighbor had a nice collection of cars, one of which was a tastefully modded GT500. Didn't even take me a full hour to go by and introduce myself and we kicked off the car talk for the next few hours and he even helped me move in!

I'm still a little more cautious about stuff liek that here cause in SoCal people can be real dicks, but i still go for it. Now me and my neighbor have become pretty good friends and look out for each other whenever possible. The car community is great and it's mostly because of the people in it!

:beer:

EDIT: I wanted to mention that SVTP is a shinning example of the community, even being a SVT site it has all sorts of enthusiasts who still get along just fine and a lot of them that have become friends in real life. If it can be done through a virtual board it should be easier in person!

Last edited:

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Thanks guys. Just curious.:beer:

GREAT post, i agree 100% :rockon:

EDIT: I wanted to mention that SVTP is a shinning example of the community, even being a SVT site it has all sorts of enthusiasts who still get along just fine and a lot of them that have become friends in real life. If it can be done through a virtual board it should be easier in person!

Absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread