Would this be considered belt slip?

D2Fresh16

Established Member
What's up guys. I have a Eaton 2v with 4.10s and KDW2s. Needless to say, the car breaks free with ease in both first and second gear..

With that being said,
As of late, I've been hearing a crazy loud squeal (no, not the tires spinning), but more of a belt squeal while the car is spinning the tires.

Would this be considered belt slip? Is it just because the car is spinning so the motor is revving out easier, or is it going to happen all the time?

Sorry for the noob question, I'm going to the track this weekend and don't want to have belt slip ruin the day.

JP_Stang

Established Member
I don't think you want to experience belt slip no matter what. That loud squeeling noise you described sounds like belt slip. Are you using a good tensioner? How old is your belt? What is your pulley combo?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Being my custom eaton application I have lots of belt issues too. From what you describe it doesn sound like either slip or the belt is too tight. Swipe your finger on the underside of the eaton snout, if your finger is black its belt slip.

D2Fresh16

Established Member
I don't think you want to experience belt slip no matter what. That loud squeeling noise you described sounds like belt slip. Are you using a good tensioner? How old is your belt? What is your pulley combo?

Thanks guys. The tensioner is the Tork Tech one, it seems to be of good quality and is fairly new. The belt is a few months old now, it is a Gatorback. Stock Pulley .

I'm going to inspect the belt and most likely replace it and see what happens. Thanks guys.

harvboi05

Established Member
hows youre pulley and idler (and idler bearings too) alignment look? helps to verify with a straight edge.

Users who are viewing this thread