WOULD THIS BE BAD???

Traumatized

..but it's just a truck..
Established Member
I ordered the Swanson PCV kit and also the REM oil separator. Is it OK to install both of these and run both kits??? I dont want any(more) oil into my intake/intercooler, so I figured what the heck. They both go onto the same line.

Also, has anyone heard anything bad about either of these set-ups?????? Thanks for the input!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I've heard of others using that same set up, some with 2 oil seporators. I've never heard of anything bad. And I plan on installing that same setup before I ever pull my L off the dealer lot.

jjhirsch

Established Member
From Ford...Heres teh PCV part # you need, just install the new PCV and an seperator and you are all set.

Motorcraft
EV-98-B
D9ZZ-6A666-A

jjhirsch

Established Member
Originally posted by Traumatized
Why do you say to not put in the stainless block plate????
People using the Swanson kit swear by it.

I just dont like the thought of blocking something Ford put there. I d rather just empty what little oil does get in my seperators....

SNCBOOM

Established Member
So I can just get a new PCV from Ford. Then I just get a oil seperator from somewhere like REM? I've searched every Lightning board I go to and I've come up with some confusing results.

jjhirsch

Established Member
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
So I can just get a new PCV from Ford. Then I just get a oil seperator from somewhere like REM? I've searched every Lightning board I go to and I've come up with some confusing results.

that would be the most inexpensive way...thats what I did and its been working great for 10,000 miles.....you can go to Lowes or Home Depot and piece together a oil seperator for around $20....I can tell you exactly what pieces to get...

Users who are viewing this thread