Would the eaton work on an 02 GT?

TRBO VNM

yeah Jesse, I started looking into it a bit more and doesn't look like it as already posted. sorry man. I am sure someone with a 99+ cobra might want to upgrade. we have someone in the club that might consider it for the right price.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
98AtlanticCobra said:
nope...different heads i believe

The heads are different, but that doesn't nessisarly mean that the intake ports won't line up. That's really the big issue here, does the lower intake that comes with the eaton fit on the GT? It doesn't seem very likely given the differences in the motor, but you might want to give the gaskets and the bolt pattern a look.

If it doesn't fit, you'll have to fabricate yourself a lower intake to make it work properly, and even if it does fit, you'll still have alot of work ahead of you. So while the blower itself can be gotten for a low cost, it's likely that the remainder of the modifications nessisary to make it work probably will not be.

Interesting idea though....do some research and let me know what you figure out, I'll be interested to see.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Youd most likely be better off, just picking up a complete cobra motor, and dropping it in your GT. The 2 valve, and 4 valve heads are too different. im going through the same thing with my L, they have 5.4 4 valves but the lower intake wouldnt bolt up. The 4 valve head outflows the 2 valve by alot.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
98AtlanticCobra said:
intake ports are on heads(i.e. heads are different).wont work without some other work done....alot of threads on this, do a search and you'll find most people say just to get a KB for a GT (cheaper, easier)

oh, I see what you ment now, I thought you were just pointing out that the heads between a GT and a Cobra were different(ie 2cams per head vs 1 etc). I wasn't sure what specifically you were refering to when you said that (and I know where the intake ports are btw).

Users who are viewing this thread