WOT or BOOST?

FatalBite

Established Member
Car has 15k 0n it with pulley, cai,o/r xpipe, diablo box tune. Now for the problem, when i go tofull pedal or mads it the car starts to sputter or jerk like its cutting fuel or something but thefunny thing is i can go to redline at about quarter to half pedal and it runs fine just when i floor it or when boost gets to around 7-8 psi and im pushing around 13psi some people say i need a pprv delete but every one thats had that problem was hesitation between shifts i dont have that problem and changed the fuel filter and still does it i hope someone can help me:shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sounds like it needs to be put on a dyno and properly tuned. Do not keep doing what you are doing or load the stock tune in and then proceed to drive it to see if that tune works. You are going to hurt something.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Car has 15k 0n it with pulley, cai,o/r xpipe, diablo box tune. Now for the problem, when i go tofull pedal or mads it the car starts to sputter or jerk like its cutting fuel or something but thefunny thing is i can go to redline at about quarter to half pedal and it runs fine just when i floor it or when boost gets to around 7-8 psi and im pushing around 13psi some people say i need a pprv delete but every one thats had that problem was hesitation between shifts i dont have that problem and changed the fuel filter and still does it i hope someone can help me:shrug:

This is most likely your problem!As mentioned,get it tuned by someone who knows these cars.
Might also be a MAF issue due to the cai.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
That sucks! my car is doing the exact same thing. I had my car for 1 1/2 months. I don't know if it have ever been tuned. I know some mods have been added. I was told to do different things, plugs, pprv delete, MAF issues, get rid of my current cai, etc...

FatalBite

Established Member
well ive had with these mods for awhile and it ran great then one day it just started acting up and the plugs are factory gapped i live in wva and there are no tuners around here so ill have to go out of state but i dont want to take the car on a road trip

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
Same thing happening to me. I have a DIablo on there as well. SLVRSNAKE,do you have diablo? Car was all tits until just one day WOT and vibration with no power.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
well ive had with these mods for awhile and it ran great then one day it just started acting up and the plugs are factory gapped i live in wva and there are no tuners around here so ill have to go out of state but i dont want to take the car on a road trip

If you have a pulley, you need to reduce your gap. Even if you didn't get the blowout earlier on, you need to troubleshoot and eliminate all potential issues. You can research good gap choices with whatever pulley combo you're running. Good luck.

metaman

Established Member
I think it's spark blow out. What do you have the plugs gapped at?

I agree, the plugs will increase in gap over time. Then one day they will just be gapped to big to fire across the compressed air/fuel in the cylinder. Go get some NGK TR7IX plugs and put them in. They are .038 out of the box which works kick ass for a pulley.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Sounds like you have an issue when you go into open loop fuel control. You definately need to get it on a dyno ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread