WOT hesitation? Help!

FatalBite

Established Member
My car starts fine idles fine and drives as normal but when i mash the pedal the car starts to flutter ot hesatate what could this be. car only has 15k on it with about 5k on motor. i pretty sure its in fuel system like filter or could be my tune but its ran fine for a good while just started doing it today

gx00850

Established Member
There are a few threads concerning the PPRV delete. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not so much. Many of us were able to get it fixed with an adjusted tune.

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
My car starts fine idles fine and drives as normal but when i mash the pedal the car starts to flutter ot hesatate what could this be. car only has 15k on it with about 5k on motor. i pretty sure its in fuel system like filter or could be my tune but its ran fine for a good while just started doing it today

Sounds EXACTLY like my problem when I had the car - spark plug blowout, check to see if they're gapped properly. When I replaced my stock Motorcrafts, they were worn and gapped around .050!! Replaced with NGK TR6 @ .034 and problem solved.

FatalBite

Established Member
thanks guys ill try the easiest first and go from there i have had the car for about a year with these mods and no problem then one day it just happened. hope to get it right soon my buddy just got a c5 and is talking smack and i cant do anything until its fixed thanks again

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
pprv more likely if it hesitates big time between fast high rpms shifts not what he's describing. Is it hesitating or really bucking ?

did you make any changes to your coolant system ?

FatalBite

Established Member
most people that have the hesitation was between shifts i dont have that problem mine hesitates or spits and sputters whatever u want to call it when i floor it in any gear any rpm

Venomm

Established Member
mine does it too and i have MAF.ia and Kenne Bell BAP... so if anyone can figure this one out let me know hahaha, only thing im missin is a Dyno tune, currently have a tune from Amazon :) but issues with the dataloggin are keepin me from seein big numberzz

FatalBite

Established Member
Well, changed the plugs, fuel filter, and had the car dyno tuned and the problem is still there. Car runs great at normal driving gut when I go to wot it still sputters and jerks. I'm about to pull the rest of my hair out!

Users who are viewing this thread