Worth it, LT's with a catted mid

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
I've been reading a lot and most of the posts here are saying pretty decent gains from headers and/or just an offroad X-pipe. My issue is that I don't want to go with an offroad midpipe. Will the power gain be worth it with Longtubes and a catted X? I was looking at the stainless works LT's with the high flow cats so I can still pass emissions. I just don't know if the cost is worth the gain compared to just keeping what I have now.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Not worth it. considering the cost and the installation its not worth it IMO. You'll get the biggest gain from the mid pipe. Simply keep your stock cats and mid pipe and when you need to go in for the test swap the stock pieces back on.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
if you are looking for the most outof your car n/a, a set of lts with high flow cats will do you justice

i picked up 1 1/2 tenths back when i was n/a, plus the sound of a car with long tubes is very sweet.

can set you up with the stainless works, or stainless power headers for the car

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
To getthe most out of ur car longtubes is a must. Ppl always say they don't pick up much but I wonder if they have ever seem a dyno graph for a car before and after headers. Peak power they may only pik up 4-5 hp but where they really shine is down low. U will pick up a lot more through out the whole rpm band. And the tq gains are more than enough to do it. Tq is what gives u that seat of the pants feeling so do it and don't listen to ppl that say the gains come from the midpipe it's not true.

drewzx3

Established Member
if you are looking for the most outof your car n/a, a set of lts with high flow cats will do you justice

i picked up 1 1/2 tenths back when i was n/a, plus the sound of a car with long tubes is very sweet.

can set you up with the stainless works, or stainless power headers for the car

from an offroad mid pipe? You are right they sound so much better vs or pipe.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I noticed nothing but a sound difference when going from off road h to long tubes and off road x. I just did it for sound though. Next month il be on the dyno and will see if it did change power and I just didn't notice it much.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
I noticed nothing but a sound difference when going from off road h to long tubes and off road x. I just did it for sound though. Next month il be on the dyno and will see if it did change power and I just didn't notice it much.

No N/A mods will be highly noticble they are all incremental changes its not till you do things like go the track or race cars that were door to door with you that you notice the change in power

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I ended up putting my high flow cats back on the car. It sounds a lot better IMO and the power difference was negligible between no cats and cats. the SW high flow cats are designed to be run in SC and Turbo setups. They flow very well and like I said helps the car sound better.

Users who are viewing this thread