Worst f***ing night/weekend of my life

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
All of us here are there for you. I don't know if any of us are liscened counselors, but we are all here to help you with anything. If you need any advice, just talk to us, we'll listen and try to help you to the best of our ability.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
I used to push away as well. I never liked people touching me, and still don't. Like you, I have very few friends and I'm very selective about who I am close with. But when I'm hurting, even though it takes a lot to let my guard down, it realy does help the healing process when you have physical contact.. and, dare I say.. hugs? (bombard me with gay jokes here :p ).

Seriously though, from what you've posted here I can see that you already took the first couple of steps towards dealing with your grief. It's a lot easier from there. Just don't give up on it is all. As far as the drinking goes, just take it one day at a time and do your best. Deal with one problem at a time. No rush to tackle everything at once.

And by the way, you don't need 100 friends in order to have a lot of support, you just need a few good ones. :) I have one friend (my best friend) in particular who is my biggest means of support, and to be honest, he's all I realy need when the shit hits the fan for me emotionally. Whoever has stuck by you your whole life, is who will be there for you right now.

One rule of thumb that I follow, with no elasticity, is that if someone doesn't make my life better.. I cut the cord. Since I've followed this rule, my life has gotten so much better. Just thought I'd share that with you just incase it comes in handy some day.

04Torchvert

Established Member
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THATS BIG DUDE I don't know what to say? Just that I hope that you feel better, and that tomorrow will bring better days.

FiveSpeed

Established Member
Very sorry man, stay in there. I lost my uncle the same way thanks to the affects of alcohol. He was in his early 30's. My prayers are with you and your family. :(

Users who are viewing this thread