Worst buying experience: Bangastang

Cait

Female SVT Driver
Established Member
I have literally never had a horrible experience with a company in my entire life that I have with this one, and I'll lay it all out here so no one else ever has to deal with them.

- December 23rd I ordered the 'Terminator' Radiator cover.

- January 20th I sent them an email inquiring about the cover. The response I received was that they were still in production. "My best guess for shipping would be late this week or early next week."

- February 4th, I figure out that a lot of people have received theirs and I'm done waiting. I kindly ask for some sort of tracking number. They reply February 7th and tell me they'll get back to me in 24 hours and "there were a some orders that were shipped to the wrong people"

- They don't email me back.
- I email them yet again February 9th just asking for my money back.They don't answer.
- I emailed them a few more times and nothing. I start calling, and even resort to messaging their Facebook page demanding to receive my money back or some sort of indication that they are shipping me the product. I also report them to PayPal for not providing me with any information or product.

This is ridiculous. It's been months. It wasn't until I sent my final message where I received another reply whatsoever. I mentioned that I was going to post my experience with their company on Termigram- and I guess the idea of the truth getting out about their company on a page full of 16,000 fans was enough to push them over the edge.

I finally got a call back, and can I say he was quite rude and pushy and tried to make me take down the post I made on Termigram's Facebook page regarding their terrible customer service and tried to make a "deal" with me that he'd "resolve the issue" (by sending me what I paid for) if I took the post down afterwards. And I told him absolutely not because it's entirely true and I'm not going to lie and say otherwise when I was treated so poorly for multiple months. And he owes ME not the other way around. He had the nerve to call me unprofessional for voicing my situation publicly when he was being unprofessional by trying to barter with me and his company hadn't replied to me or even updated me on what was happening. It was literally the sketchiest phone call of my life complete with pauses and his "suggestion" that I take it down. We hung up with the understanding that he was going to send me a tracking number today. I was hardly apologized to but more so bartered with and lectured on being "unprofessional". I literally can't even believe that.

So I've had that ongoing post about their terrible service on the Termigram page on Facebook which I admin. Bangastang tries to add themself and I reject them. He tried to call me back and I ignored it. Then comes the most lovely and unprofessional Facebook message ever. Stressing that I should let them respond on the page and that what I was saying was inaccurate. I told them that I'd gladly post all of the emails and screenshots and that I recorded the call and that my followers could decide for themselves when I put everything up. They quickly changed the subject and asked again that I let them reply and I simply said "I don't owe you anything. You owe me what I paid for. Otherwise it is inappropriate for you to contact me regarding my personal customer review".
He replied "ok"

A few hours later I receive an email from PayPal that I was refunded. No email, call, or message alerted me that this was happening. Last thing I knew was that he was shipping it today. Can't even give good customer service with the refund.

The fact that it was around Holiday time is no excuse- I ordered coolant tanks from Lethal Performance (who I love) the same day and received them exactly a week later. As soon as they found out that they shipped it to the wrong person- they should've sent me another second day shipping. They shouldn't have ever left their customer in the dark about what was happening. They should've been notifying me every step of the way while my money was out floating around. And I know that I'm a younger woman, but the way this dude talked to me is shameful. Making it seem like I owed it to him to take it down and tried to lecture me on being unprofessional by voicing my opinion about his company. Ridiculous.

Chosyn1

I'm your Huckleberry
Established Member
your post on Termigram kept me from getting something from them, thanks for that!..glad you got your money back.

it's amazing what social media can do to a company's reputation.

Cait

Female SVT Driver
Established Member
Yeah, I heard that the company wasn't the best service-wise but I kept seeing all of the radiator covers floating around and mixed reviews so I decided to go for it anyways. Bad decision on my part of course.

And no problem! Yeah, I honestly am considering putting it on our Instagram page. I'd hate to see anyone deal with this company, and I still can't believe the way that I was talked to over the phone by that employee. It almost seemed like a subtle threat to take the post down. And he kept pausing to maintain his composure which he really didn't have in the first place.

toomanytoys

Established Member
At least you got it resolved. Good job. I had a so-called performance shop rob me of my car and my resolution didnt go as well so I feel for you. And thanks for the warning, I was thinking of buying from them.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
This wouldn't be the first time a thread like this has popped up on here about them. With a name like bangastang I'm amazed people even shop with them lol.

Cait

Female SVT Driver
Established Member
Aw dude I'm sorry that things didn't work out so smoothly with you before.

Yeah good thing you didn't! They just blocked me on Facebook. They're sketchy as hell.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Horror stories everywhere about their customer service, or lack thereof.

GT500 guys on SVTP and Team Shelby have been complaining for years about their service, especially on the painted radiator covers.

Glad you got your cash back at least.

https://www.google.com/#q=bangastang+forum

ctgreddy

Established Member
I absolutely love that damn cover and want one badly, really sucks that the only place that makes them is probably the worst company when it comes to service.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Glad you got refunded OP. Sadly this isn't the first bad experience I have heard about them, which is unfortunate because their radiator covers are pretty slick looking and I wouldn't mind having one on my car. But with customer service like that, I have stayed clear.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Lots of horror stories on FordGT500.com about them too, but I didn't learn my lesson... I have an order with them for a painted radiator cover. We'll see what happens.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
It took 2 months for me to get mine from them. I don't know why it takes so long. It's stamped aluminum, anodized, then a little light CNC to carve out the letters.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Their "Terminator" billet coil covers are made and sold direct by Billet Pro Shop in case anyone was looking for those and didn't want to use Bangastang.

#TeamCait

Users who are viewing this thread