Worn out PRO 5.0 Shifter?? anyone else?

silvercoffin

Established Member
I think....my pro 5.0 isnt working well anymore.. I took it apart to make sure that the locks in it didnt come loose because things were feeling weird...also decided to try the adjustable handle I have had for a while...sicne I cant race for 500 mile clutch break in uhhhhh

the spring that is in the shifter doesnt work in one direction...maybe it was always this way but i dont think so.... there is play in the shifter that I never noticed before...i think it might be part of the reason i have been missing shifts at the track all the sudden

i also noticed alot of black dust inside the top of the shifter right where the handle goes into the shifter?? Whats that from? could it be from my fryed clutch or fly wheel??? just dust from the boot?

is there a way to clean out the pro 5.0? Do I need a new one? Or has it always been this way?:shrug:

When you push it to the left, it springs back to the right, but when you push it to the right it only comes back half way most of the time

Last edited:

mkiley

never heard of one doing that. have you tried contacting them or whom ever you purchased it from? i have one on my new cobra and had one on my old ss for over 30,000 hard miles and never had any problems.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
It sounds almost like you didn't pull your boot down below the gold stop ring if there is debris in the shifter.

Did you cut the boot and pull it down properly?

TRBO VNM

I would contact them or whoever you bought it from and see if you can get a replacement or serviced. I have been told the springs don't last that long and do wear out. Personally I think the stock shifter with the MGW handle setup to your liking works perfect. I had the UPR in my 03 and it didn't seem much better than stock, but I did buy it used. So it looks like stock it is for me.

Users who are viewing this thread