World's only VMP TVS Crown Vic

stickytack

Established Member
Hey guys, been around here for a while mostly lurking in the cobra forums for engine advice, etc. Figured i'd post up my shit box.

It's a 2003 Crown Victoria p71. Mods listed after this picture:

vJkcceml.jpg

Engine/Fuel mods
- MMR Race Mod 1100 Shortblock

- Brand new Cast Iron 2004 Cobra Block, torque plated/honed
- Forged 4340 Crankshaft
- Forged Manley Pro-series billet I-beam rods
- Diamond low compression forged pistons
- ARP studs
- 2004 4V Cobra cylinder heads (revised 9 thread) (with stock 04 cobra cams)
- 2004 Cobra lower intake manifold
- VMP TVS 2.3 Supercharger w/monster inlet & GT500 mechanical linkage throttle body
- Custom air to water intercooler/heat exchanger setup
- Custom head cooling mod
- T56 Magnum 6 speed transmission w/2.97:1 first gear ratio
- Custom Denny's Nitrous Ready Driveshaft w/Upgraded Chome Moly Slip Yoke
- Custom return style fuel system with sumped 16 gallon trunk mounted fuel cell, Aeromotive a1000 fuel pump, -10an feed, -8an return
- Rear Axle assembly from a 2008 p71 with detroit tru-trac limited slip and 3.73 gears, ford racing axle girdle
- KOOKS Custom Longtube headers, 3" piping, x-pipe, Bassani mufflers with turn downs before the rear axle.
- Battery relocated to trunk

Suspension/Exterior
- Front KYB struts
- 1.5" detroit lowering springs
- ADDCO Sway bar
- P71 rear shocks
- Custom coilsprings.com -1" lowering springs in the rear
- METCO rear control arms
- METCO Watts link
- ARP Hardened Watts link stud
- 07-09 Mustang GT500 wheels (18"x9.5")
- Sumitomo 255/45/18 Front tires
- Nitto NT05R Drag Radial 305/45/18 rear tires

With an 04 cobra eaton, the big bitch made 422rwhp/471rwtq at about 15psi through the slipping stock auto and rear end that blew up on the way home from the dyno. After I grenaded the auto, I did the manual swap and at the same time I put the TVS on. Go big or go home, right?

I haven't gotten it retuned yet because I was driving the grandmother break-in miles on the brand new t56 magnum, and I still have a few more things to button up on the car, but Kevin at Wicked Motorsports is the only person who touches this car other than me. I'm expecting around 570rwhp at around 17psi, which I should get from the 3" pulley on the TVS with a stock cobra lower.

Lots of time, money, blood, sweat, and tears into this car.

5KmPMN5l.jpg

Q0MpvPFl.jpg

YkYe7Aql.jpg

[video=youtube;2WRSW1BOQyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WRSW1BOQyI[/video]

Attachments

• vJkccem.jpg
    vJkccem.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,572
Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That's a badass sleeper man! I love it!

Mach828

Established Member
Just picked up an 05 CVPI. Having wayyy more fun than I thought already with this car. Yours is awesome, a sleeper for sure. Very clean build.

stickytack

Established Member
Thanks guys! She has a bunch of small dents and scratches so the car needs a bunch of little body work and definitely some fresh paint but that's not my top priority, that will come last heh. She ran super solid with the eaton before the trans gave up and I'm really excited to get her tuned after the winter and see how awesome she does with the TVS and the 6 speed.

Bad03gt

Do what!?
Established Member
i Just picked up an 03 CV with a blown trans. what all went in to the trans swap? thinking of doing the same.

stickytack

Established Member
There's a lot of good information over on crownvic.net but the small list for the t56 will require you to modify the crossmember and driveshaft, cutting a hole in the floor, having pedals made, reinforcing the firewall, replacing the rear control arms to help handle the shock of manual shifting, and a lot of other things.

Bad_S55

Two Tons of Fast Fun
For the rear springs, were those lowered from P71 height or from Civilian height? I've been trying to pull together as much info as I can before I get my springs made so I don't make any mistakes. Truely an incredible Panther, I'd be terrified if I ran into that on the street!!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Any reason why you have such a big tire on back? Id think a 305/40 or even a 285/40 drag radial would be sufficient and get rid of that huge rake.

Other than that, car is absolutely sick. I dunno what it is about the GT500 wheels but they work great with the body of the CV.

stickytack

Established Member
Thanks!! I wanted a 295/40 or a 305/40 but I got a PHENOMENAL deal on the 305/45's that I couldn't pass up. The rake looks badass in my opinion lol. Next round of tires will probably be a 40. I've been looking at the toyo r888's but haven't decided on a size.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks!! I wanted a 295/40 or a 305/40 but I got a PHENOMENAL deal on the 305/45's that I couldn't pass up. The rake looks badass in my opinion lol. Next round of tires will probably be a 40. I've been looking at the toyo r888's but haven't decided on a size.

It doesnt look bad as a drag only machine but for me id go with the 40's. Too much rake would get on my OCD side.

Any plans for 4.10's or is the power at that level that you will stick with the 3.73's?

stickytack

Established Member
Definitely sticking with the 3.73's. I should be dropping the car off for a tune either this week or early next week so I'm really looking forward to the numbers with the TVS and 6 speed.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I dig this car; Totally a sleeper! Most people will think its just a wheezy retired cop car :)

Do you think you'll need to make any mods to the tank, such as adding a sump? Just curious to you've had any fuel starvation problems with the big pumps back there.

Last edited:

stickytack

Established Member
Thanks man! The fuel cell is a 16 gallon sumped cell that feeds an aeromotive a1000 sitting right behind it so I have no worries. Just noticed that you're working for what used to be Tousley! I bought my heads brand new from Steve at Tousley years and years ago. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread