Working on lower intake, with some questions.....

Badasssapper67

Established Member
I cut the bottom off the intake and noticed that it isn't flat that it peaks in the middle line down it's length. Any idea if this is on purpose to bounce the air back or whatever? Also, is there any extra room to add a spacer to the bottom of the intake? If anyone has had their lower off and notice how much space is inbetween the lower bottom and the v in the block that would be great.

Badasssapper67

Established Member
Alrighty. I wanted a reason to buy an inspection camera any ways and here it is. Once I get one I'll try and post pictures if anyone replys.

shurur

Established Member
Search posts with na svt posting on the 99-01 cobra and 03-04 mach 1 SRI Mod.

This is his subject.

Also PM na svt for his input to this thread.... He'll answer you (us).

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
I cut the bottom off the intake and noticed that it isn't flat that it peaks in the middle line down it's length. Any idea if this is on purpose to bounce the air back or whatever? Also, is there any extra room to add a spacer to the bottom of the intake? If anyone has had their lower off and notice how much space is inbetween the lower bottom and the v in the block that would be great.

It's like that so that the floor and runner inlets are at the same angle.

Last edited:

Badasssapper67

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. NA SVT do you know the story of or a web site that details the designing and engineering of the dohc versions of the mod motor?
I'd love to know why they designed the intake the way they did.

Users who are viewing this thread