woohoo got my accufab tb idle fixed

wuplash

Established Member
it took awhile but it is finally fixed.i played and played with trying to get the tps voltage set at .98 i even drilled out the screw holes on the sensor for more movement but i could only muster a .93 volt reading, i was also getting a high idle and a hanging idle plus a catch if i floored it and let off then floored it again.i called accufab and talked to john and george and ended up sending the tb back to them for inspection and they looked it over and found that whoever assembled it put the wrong throttle blades in as it had the lightning throttle blades and not the one for the cobra so they fixed it and 1 day aired it back to me with a new tb gasket and plenum gasket,new screws and a nice t-shirt.i just got done installing it back on the cobra and my tps is finally set at .98 volts and it idles like a charm at 730-740 rpm's with no idle hang.i would buy another product from accufab as they gave great service and stood behind there product way to go guys you are great:)

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Good testimonial. Glad to see another company that stands by their product and has great customer service. Especially since those TBs cost so much. It could have turned out bad if they weren't so nice of guys!

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
By idle hang do you mean that it will idle @ 1000 for 2 sec. or so when you come to a stop then slowly drop down to 730? Thats what my Accufab is doing. I don't want to go back to Accufab for help if I can avoid it. My previous experience with them on shipping me the wrong Denso plugs was the opposite of yours.

TruBlu03

Originally posted by w.c.mortimer
By idle hang do you mean that it will idle @ 1000 for 2 sec. or so when you come to a stop then slowly drop down to 730? Thats what my Accufab is doing. I don't want to go back to Accufab for help if I can avoid it. My previous experience with them on shipping me the wrong Denso plugs was the opposite of yours.

Mine does that and always has with the stock TB. Actually , think my 00 GT did to although it was highly modified. Think it's more of a PCM calibration/sensor issue than a TB issue.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Yeah, mine drops to 1000rpm when MOVING. As soon as you stop or get real slow, it drops to 700rpm. It's a PCM issue since it's tied into the VSS input.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
Yeah, mine drops to 1000rpm when MOVING. As soon as you stop or get real slow, it drops to 700rpm. It's a PCM issue since it's tied into the VSS input.

My Accufab also drops to 1000 then right to 700 at stop..It actually is better then my stock TB.
It has been my favorite mod.Made power and Throttle responce is much improved.

jim v.

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by Corner-Carver

That's normal behavior for our cars with or without aftermarket parts. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My Accufab does the same thing (hangs a bit at 1000 and drops to 750 or so), as did my stock TB. I've had no issues at all with my Accufab. I love the throttle response boost!

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by w.c.mortimer

mine would sit at 850-1000 rpm's when i would come to a stop and most of the time would not come down to 750 unless i had to set for say 1-3 min on a traffic light change.coming to a stop now it will briefly sit at 1,000 rpm's but quickly drop back to 730-740 and stay there once i'am completly sitting still.

Sin

Established Member
I first bought a BBK(whoops god did I have problems) got the Accufab and mine idles the same as yall's (1000 then 750).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To those who had high idle issues upwards of 900 RPMs, did you ever resolve the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread