Won't maintain idle

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I'm sorry if my story was confusing. What I meant was : my car was running fine, I looked at the filter after driving it and it looked like the filter slid almost off the tube, I slid the filter on the tube as far as I could, then the car ran like crap. I didn't know that you weren't supposed to slide the filter on the tube so far.

JerryC

Established Member
Cool thanks for the info. I'm waiting to hear back from Evo before I open the hood

The car was test driven by two different people at the shop, one of them being the owner and he even said the car ran great and the power was awesome for a street car.

We will find out what the problem is and get it corrected immediately.

maybe it's time to look for something that came loose.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Got tvs too. Using closed airbox and 85mm pulley with vmp tune I put close to 650hp at crank. Just remove your CAI get pulleys and a tune from vmp. My car not even stalled once since the install. Use smaller pulleys and you will easily make 700hp with much more torque than CAI can give you. Evolution is notorious for one of the worst custome service. Call vmp and Justin will sort you out in matter of hours.

Whoa! First off...my intent of this question was to see if others had similar experiences not to compare one shop over another. I want to ease my mind that this/was something that could be fixed very easily. It seems with some other feedback that it should easy. Am I happy that this happened? Of course not but things happen...
Second Kent has been very responsive to all my questions and has been in touch with me today. I have to give them the chance figure out what went wrong.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
The car was test driven by two different people at the shop, one of them being the owner and he even said the car ran great and the power was awesome for a street car.

We will find out what the problem is and get it corrected immediately.

I did mention that you said you drove it. I wasn't finger pointing either, just concerned. Just to be clear, none of my posts accuse you guys of wrong doing. I'm just disappointed that my excitement was quickly taken by the issue. As soon as I can get to the car and log it, I'll be in touch with Kent.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
I'm sorry if my story was confusing. What I meant was : my car was running fine, I looked at the filter after driving it and it looked like the filter slid almost off the tube, I slid the filter on the tube as far as I could, then the car ran like crap. I didn't know that you weren't supposed to slide the filter on the tube so far.

I understood what you meant...Thanks :rockon:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When i got my paxton installed i told my installer JPC that its ok for you to take a week to ten days to make sure my car is right. I had a few other things installed inluding a New Clutch. They had everything I asked for installed in 2 days they dyno tuned it and road tested my car for another 6 days to make sure it was right, and it paid off I've been driving the car for ten days now in all kinds of conditions and its been great not a single issue.

by9468840

Established Member
Whoa! First off...my intent of this question was to see if others had similar experiences not to compare one shop over another. I want to ease my mind that this/was something that could be fixed very easily. It seems with some other feedback that it should easy. Am I happy that this happened? Of course not but things happen...
Second Kent has been very responsive to all my questions and has been in touch with me today. I have to give them the chance figure out what went wrong.

Well honestly I'm a pissed off ex customer of evo performance. I once bought a simple tune for my auto 13 NA GT. automatic tranny tune was terrible. The car surged and bucked all over the road. I emailed them a million times and never got any response. Maybe it's just Kent who cares about his customers. Good luck with your problems.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Well honestly I'm a pissed off ex customer of evo performance. I once bought a simple tune for my auto 13 NA GT. automatic tranny tune was terrible. The car surged and bucked all over the road. I emailed them a million times and never got any response. Maybe it's just Kent who cares about his customers. Good luck with your problems.

Makes sense now...Understood. Thanks

'14 Shelby

Established Member
When i got my paxton installed i told my installer JPC that its ok for you to take a week to ten days to make sure my car is right. I had a few other things installed inluding a New Clutch. They had everything I asked for installed in 2 days they dyno tuned it and road tested my car for another 6 days to make sure it was right, and it paid off I've been driving the car for ten days now in all kinds of conditions and its been great not a single issue.

I agree with that approach. My car was dropped of Sunday 5/12, install completed 5/14 (much to my surprise) but needed to be dyno'd. That was done Fri 5/17, picked up yesterday 5/21.
As Evo stated 2 people drove it and no issues. So who knows what happened. What matters to me at this point is that they work with me to get it fixed. Customer service goes a long, long way in my book. I cant comment on other peoples experiences and will judge on my own.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Ran The codes And Nothing Came Up. Called Evo And Fred Asked If I PoPped The Hood...Lol
Well The Air Filter Had Fallen Off. Seems Like All is Well Now

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I am not impressed at all with how the JLT filter attaches to the tube. It doesnt stay still for me at all. I cleaned it twice to make sure there wasn't oil making it slide. There isn't enough of a "lip" on the end of the tube that holds the filter in place. Mine keeps sliding down the tube to where its almost falling off.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am not impressed at all with how the JLT filter attaches to the tube. It doesnt stay still for me at all. I cleaned it twice to make sure there wasn't oil making it slide. There isn't enough of a "lip" on the end of the tube that holds the filter in place. Mine keeps sliding down the tube to where its almost falling off.

I don't have a roush blower, but I have had a n/a jlt and now a paxton jlt and never had an issue with the filter staying on. Everyone seems so quick to blame the jlt intake, but it seems like every record setting FI car is running one, can't be all that bad.

Tucker

Clean the inside of the filter with some simple green or the like and put it back on.
Sometimes oil gets on the inside of the lip and it's slippery.

The kit you have should have the new filter stop, so it can't go on too far.
Shoot me an email or call if I can help you in anyway

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I never had a problem with my carbon fiber n/a filter. Just this one. I will try that Tucker and let you know. Thanx for caring :beer:

'14 Shelby

Established Member

Thanks for the input on this. Fred mentioned the oil from the filter can cause some slippage. Clean with dish soap, spray a little "AquaNet" around to help with grip. LMAO! If that stuff can hold the 80's hair 11" high it should hold this on too.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Clean the inside of the filter with some simple green or the like and put it back on.
Sometimes oil gets on the inside of the lip and it's slippery.

The kit you have should have the new filter stop, so it can't go on too far.
Shoot me an email or call if I can help you in anyway

Cool Thanks. I cleaned it but haven't tried the hair spray trick yet. I'll drive it a bit to see what happens. If it falls off again, i'll try Fred's trick. If that doesn't work I'll be sure to contact you :beer:

'14 Shelby

Established Member
A small lesson learning from all this for me. Don't need to post about it, run codes, call installer, etc. First thing I shoulda done was the obvious thing, look under the hood. :burn::loser:

Users who are viewing this thread