Wondering if I need injectors

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Ok I have a 2004 cobra with intake, exhaust, pullies, bored .20 over, maf and just a couple other little things. I dynod it the other day and I am running out of fuel around 6000 rpm and I would normally shift the car about 7000. My question is do you think I just need a good tune on the car or do you think that I need injectors and then a tune also. I know that people say the stock injectors start to run out about 500 rwhp and I would be pretty lucky to see that with my set up, but shouldnt be to far off. I just dont want to keep running a car lean, so I need some help. Thank you all so much

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Ok I have a 2004 cobra with intake, exhaust, pullies, bored .20 over, maf and just a couple other little things. I dynod it the other day and I am running out of fuel around 6000 rpm and I would normally shift the car about 7000. My question is do you think I just need a good tune on the car or do you think that I need injectors and then a tune also. I know that people say the stock injectors start to run out about 500 rwhp and I would be pretty lucky to see that with my set up, but shouldnt be to far off. I just dont want to keep running a car lean, so I need some help. Thank you all so much

What kind of MAF are you running? You running lean could be the tune, pumps, or a variety of things. Without datalogging there is no way to tell. It's very unlikely your running out of injectors, most cars have enough injector for 530+rwhp.

kyle67camaro

Established Member
I was thinking about this a little more and I have the JLT intake and it puts my MAF right down by my front right tire and it got wet going through a car wash one time so I had to unplug it and dry it off and when I drove it with it unplugged it seem to drive just as good, if not better. Do you think that maybe my MAF is bad and its sending the wrong messages to my computer and thats why its loosing fuel?

Users who are viewing this thread