Won the lottery!

SHELBYSVT20

Established Member
Jack,

Thanks for the kind words! Back at you for your previous service in the Army. I am getting close to retirement and would keep the BMWs if it made financial sense. I'm certain I'll miss the fine German engineering, but REALLY look forward to new American muscle.

Ciao,

Jeff

Hey Jeff, that's great that you are so close to retirement! It sure is a great feeeling and especially sweet after so many years in the U.S. Navy! Your new Shelby will sure be a nice pre-retirement addition to your BMWs. Like you said German engineering is truly awesome in terms of Audi's, MB's and BMWs! I didn't realize there are not Autobahns in Italy only Autostrada's. It was great running the German Autobahn over the course of my more than 10 years (not all ot one time) in Germany although I wish I had been able to experience the power and handling of the '13 Shelby on the German Autobahn. At the time I was in stationed in Germany the first time I had my 1990 Mustang GT 5.0 rated at a little more than 225 horses and ~145 MPH top speed back in the early 90s. lol. Just not enough power and handling performance to keep up with the big Euro DOGS back in the day. At least you are close to the border that's a really good thing.

Take care of yourself and let us know once you get your new BEAST and have a chance to give us a review of your driving impressions and experiences. Take care and be safe! Best Regards, Jack

Users who are viewing this thread