Won the lottery!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Well, that is how the Military car sales in Italy refers to it anyway... I'm stationed here and have been watching closely the media on the new GT500 and figured that I wouldn't get an opportunity to buy one. According to my salesman, there are only 12 allocations for this car (only 8 for the Boss) and folks interested in purchasing one have to enter a drawing (he calls it a lottery)

I currently have two M3s; an '02 and an '11 sedan. I've been a BMW fanboy for a while, but the Shelby has restored my faith to resume buying American. I just cannot pass up the chance to have a car with this much potential for a bargain price.

To the best of my knowledge, I'm the only American in Italy to have one on order. I'm also thankful and humbled to get a break on the price of the car. Base price was $52.4K, I received a $500 rebate and another $300 off because of some special incentive. I had to sign an agreement which stated that I could not sell the car within one year of purchase.

I dont have a build date yet, but am hopeful that I get the car by mid-October. It will be an agonizing wait while car gets shipped to northern
Germany, then trucked down to Italy....

TaraFirma

Established Member
I won the ENCS lotto for the 2010 GT500. I think they had 21 that year. it's great because there is no ADM and you may even get it a couple thousand under sticker.

On a side note. You will be able to sell that GT500 for about twice the sticker in Europe.

1stShelby

Established Member
Congrats and thank you for your service. It's about time one of the greatest things about living in this country goes to someone who sacrifices so much to make it all possible. As someone else on this board once said, "America, F#ck Yeah!"

USN (Ret) :bowdown:

SHELBYSVT20

Established Member
^^^^This! Congratualtions PhoenixM3! Like everyone has already said you will love your new BEAST! :) And by the way the wait will be well worth it since like you said you will have THE only 2013 Shelby GT500 in Italy! Good luck on the Autobahn and if you happen to see a triple back 2011 5.0 over there on the Italian Autobahn it used to be my ride with nearly 600 rwhp. Of course you will smoke him though! :beer:

Enjoy your new BEAST, the time will go fast for you and remember you are getting a GREAT deal through ENCS better than most here in the States!

Thank you for your service to our great country! :thumbsup:

Take care, Jack
U.S. Army (Retired) :rockon:

Marc

Established Member
After spending 7 years in Europe and on the Autobahn...I can only imagine having a new Shelby out there. Time to see if those 200MPH figures are true! :lol:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
On a side note. You will be able to sell that GT500 for about twice the sticker in Europe.

Yeah, but if I did sell it, I'd be subject to a huge tax. Rumor has it that that the amount is close to 33%

Are you still stationed abroad?

Ciao,

Jeff

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
After spending 7 years in Europe and on the Autobahn...I can only imagine having a new Shelby out there. Time to see if those 200MPH figures are true! :lol:

The roads in Italy pale in comparison to the autobahn, but I can pretty much drive as fast as I'd like. Italians don't observe lane discipline, and pass on the right, on blind curves, etc... Every day is an adventure for sure, but there is a certain beauty to the chaos of drive here.

Both of our M3s top out at about 173MPH, mine because it is modified (chip, pullies, header, intake) and hers because it is bone stock and pricey to upgrade.

You can count on a top speed run while I'm still living here....
Ciao,
Jeff

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you for your service to our great country!
Jack,

Thanks for the kind words! Back at you for your previous service in the Army. I am getting close to retirement and would keep the BMWs if it made financial sense. I'm certain I'll miss the fine German engineering, but REALLY look forward to new American muscle.

Ciao,

Jeff

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and thank you for your service. It's about time one of the greatest things about living in this country goes to someone who sacrifices so much to make it all possible.:

Wow! Thank you for you time in the Navy! Another retiree and this is your first Shelby too if I read your sig correctly. I'm getting close to the 30 year mark; how long have you been retired?

Ciao,

Jeff

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Thanks for your Service PhoenixM3! I also won the ENCS lottery for my 2013 GT500. I am a US Army contractor in Afghanistan, but this is a Dream come true coming from a Dodge Caliber SRT-4, another rare car lol!

Marc

Established Member
The roads in Italy pale in comparison to the autobahn, but I can pretty much drive as fast as I'd like. Italians don't observe lane discipline, and pass on the right, on blind curves, etc... Every day is an adventure for sure, but there is a certain beauty to the chaos of drive here.

Both of our M3s top out at about 173MPH, mine because it is modified (chip, pullies, header, intake) and hers because it is bone stock and pricey to upgrade.

You can count on a top speed run while I'm still living here....
Ciao,
Jeff

I hear you. I spent 3 years in Italy. Naples has some of the worse drivers in the world.

But, your not too far from a Autobahn, hop, skip, and jump from the border.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
...and another AF guy close to his retirement here. Been in 28.5 years. A new shelby is going to be my early retirement present.

Same amount of time in here. I will retire nowhere near a coast. I've got 20 years at sea and don't desire to be anywhere near a ship/submarine, unless it is a floating museum....

Users who are viewing this thread