Woke up with my toe throbbing?

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Anyone in the medical field on here? I woke up 2 nights ago with a throbbing toe, it was 3 in the morning so I just went back to sleep. That day I had trouble walking on it and it was incredibly hard to bend, I tried to go up a set of stairs walking to class and nearly doubled over in pain.

I've read on webmd it can be arthritis, but why would it just creep up on me all of the sudden? There is some blood under the nail it appears, and the entire toe is swollen and red. I run daily, but it seems that if I had managed to break/jam it on one of my runs I would've certainly felt it at that moment.

This is coming right on the end of a week vacation from work so I really can't afford to go see a doctor that is going to limit my activities for the next 2 weeks.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
You got bit by a brown recluse while sleeping. Better make arrangements.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
its gout, you have too much Uric acid in your body and your kidneys cant filter all of it. I had this a few weeks ago. Just dont eat so many rich foods and drink a LOT of water.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
gout-- you a big meat eater?? cheese?? beer?? yeah, probably gout.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Did you find a silver canister that sprayed you in the face while trying to evict prawns? Also, does this picture offer an overwhelming craving sensation?
fel_can%2013.2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
Been there had that, Gout could be very painful feels like a break same thing on my big toe.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Gout attack for sure. Drink lots and lots of water, take Motrin, stay away from the brew, drink some concentrated cherry juice, no jacking off in the dorm room. Most likely the doctor will prescribe a strong anti-inflammatory for the pain and swelling.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
The pain has already started to subside...My theory is to drink ton this weekend and test for gout. If it hurts more next week, we'll know the culprit.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
The pain has already started to subside...My theory is to drink ton this weekend and test for gout. If it hurts more next week, we'll know the culprit.

so by your theory, i should tell someone with possible heart disease to eat as much 'heart stopping' food as possible, and if they have increased chest pain next week, we'll know the culprit. :beer:

honestly, if you get one of these flare-ups, load up on anti-inflammatory medication---naproxen, ibuprofen, aleve, etc. your doctor will typically give you indomethacin for flareups and allopurinol between flareups to control your gout if it happens on a regular basis

Users who are viewing this thread