Wobble under hard acceleration

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I've noticed wobble during hard acceleration only periodically and just wondering what you guys thought. I'm not sure it's something I can make happen it sometimes happens if I start off when exiting a curve with heavy wheel spin, when it hooks up i get the osculation. I keep my car in the standard
mode almost all the time so I thought maybe it could have something to do with that, the car trying to correct something. My mods are in the signature.

Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I would guess it to be the Advance Trac doing its thing since you mention coming out of a corner. Could be Stability Control activating. I'd try it in a straight & see if it replicates, or, try the gas/turn in Sport Mode & see what it does. In a safe place!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I'll give that a shot next time I head out on the highway....

Other than this occasional issue car seems very stable and planted....

Last edited:

GT500662

Established Member
I get it in standard mode not near as bad in sport mode. I added the BMR non adjustable lower control arms...seems to help.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
How is the quality of the road? Depending on road condition mine will act a little rough as well but once I'm on a smoothed surface it's fine.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Its on a good surface. Its like one tire gains traction, then the other, going back and forth...

Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Its on a good surface. Its like one tire gains traction, then the other, going back and forth...

Now THAT sounds like my '12 would do on the stock tires. Exactly as you describe it. Even in a straight it felt like a real tight left/right wiggle. I usually ran in sport mode and am confident it was the Stability Control doing its job keeping it straight. Nannies are OK in my book. Keeps you outa the bodyshop.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I will mention today it was 50 degrees when this happened. I'm on the 295 MPSS tires, What I was doing is not possible on stock tires at this temp, you'd be dead...

Last edited:

99SSls1

Established Member
I am on my phone or I would post the thread I started for you. I had stock suspension with the mpss and started adding aftermarket parts b/c of this issue. I did panhard, UCA and lca's with no change. I swapped the 2953520 Mpss for nitto nt05r 3153520 and it has never done it again. I guess maybe something to do with spinning and gripping b/c the stock Goodyear's did not do it.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Even if this is a side effect of changing to the MPSS tires I wouldn't go back to stock.

Edit: I might

Last edited:

1971mach1

Established Member
I have had mine do this once, around 100 mph and it lasted for about 1 second and I didn't like it. I have been above that speed many times in remote areas of Eastern Washington, it was during the summer mid 80's temp. I have driven on several road courses at speeds over 160 with no problems.The only mods I have are ford racing L springs.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I had this experience when power shifting from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th and it was not fun, had to go spherical bushing on the LCA, UCA and Panhard bar form BMR, problem solved.

Regards,

Manuel

Users who are viewing this thread