Woah some people really do suck.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Ok I am driving to work in my Lightning today about to make a left hand turn. I see a Black 03 Cobra approaching from behind and get all excited about it. :) Very rarely do I see them. So as he is approaching I give a big thumbs up out my window, he pashes on the left with no acknowledgement. I shrug it off and think maybe he didn't see me:)rollseyes ). So we both go left and then some azz clown is making a right turn from the left lane, so we have to stop. We are side by side, both have our windows down. Turns out it was a 10th Anniv Vert(red seat inserts). So I give another thumbs up and yell "Hey nice car man!" This piece of crap would not even look over at me! We start going and he just drives away. I think I told him he sucked or something, don't remember. What gives>??? We both have awesome SVT products. Even if I didn't so what>??? I mean I could be some kid, who's dream is owning a Mustang Cobra and this guy in his suit and tie can't respond>??? That just sucks. I don't know how you folks feel about stuff like this but it pisses me off. This guy doesn't deserve a nice car. I try and give him respect and compliment him and he can't respond. :loser:

thehyena

Resident DSMer
Established Member
THOSE, are the mustang owners that i hate, most of you guys are cool. but i hate the guys who are all like "i have a cobra, me>you" mentality..... stupid people piss me off

peterjmc

Azn SVT Own3r
Established Member
Yea, I ran into a couple of 03's like that. They kinda look at my car and turn their head away like I was driving a Crapolla or something!

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
i hate that as well, they think that they are better than you because it is new. truth be known that they are financed to the hilt and pissed off because they have a 18% loan :D :D :D

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
There's one in every group Mat. I waved to another Lightning owner a couple of weeks ago and he looked at me like I was nuts.

I am. But he didn't know that.

Some people don't understand the SVT family. :shrug:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Not all of us do that! lol About two months ago, I was sitting in very bad traffic on a parkway near here. Sure enough, we go to a dead stop. An L pulls up beside me before we come to a complete stop. We start talking, cool guy. Asking questions about what exhaust I was running. Next thing you see is him and myself revvin our cars (under an overpass, in dead stop traffic). lol The cars around us just didnt understand!

nj7703

Established Member
Not to come off as an ass... yet again... but... so what? He would have done the same thing in a Vette, or a BMW, or a Kia. They guy could not care less, and the fact he was in a Cobra is really irrelevant. Sounds liek he was in a bad mood, I tend to do the same thing most times, i could care less about what someone else thinks of my car, good or bad. He could be going thru a divorce, he could have just been reamed by the boss, his mom could be in the hospital, etc. Maybe part of it comes from the fact that we are all assholes here in NJ but, really, i would not lose sleep over it. I had a guy from PA give me a thumbs up when i 1st got my Cobra, and i started to turn around to follow the guy. My GF said "WTF are you doing?" I thought he gave me the finger, so i was gonna follow him, and see what's up. She said he gave me a Thumbs up. I guess we are all different, or i have issues with anger but behind the wheel, it is all business for me. Sorry man, my 2 cents :shrug:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Why are you sorry>??? I am not gonna lose any sleep because he didn't wave. It is just pretty damn lame that someone shows you respect and loves you vehicle and you can't even acknowledge them. That my friend just sucks. If you are that full of yourself or that insecure that you think someone gave you the finger when they we were actually complimenting you, then you have problems buddy. If someone give me a thumbs up or the finger, I wave back and smile. Is it really that hard of thing to do>??? If I was having a bad day, having someone look up to me and enjoy my ride just like I do, that would make it a lot better. My $.02 -Mat-

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by SVT F15O
Why are you sorry>??? I am not gonna lose any sleep because he didn't wave. It is just pretty damn lame that someone shows you respect and loves you vehicle and you can't even acknowledge them. That my friend just sucks. If you are that full of yourself or that insecure that you think someone gave you the finger when they we were actually complimenting you, then you have problems buddy. If someone give me a thumbs up or the finger, I wave back and smile. Is it really that hard of thing to do>??? If I was having a bad day, having someone look up to me and enjoy my ride just like I do, that would make it a lot better. My $.02 -Mat-

I understand where you are coming from, you were just trying to show him you liked the car. I just also understand who knows what the guy was thinking of. I will say i have seen 2 Cobras in NJ and many Lightnings, even a ton of GT's and have yet to have anyone even look over, so maybe it is a regional thing??:shrug: Only time anyone ever did anything "friendly" was on I-95 in VA, some guy gave me a thumbs up in a Sonic Blue 03, thought it was strange, but friendly i suppose, so i waved back. I do understand where you are coming from though, after re-reading your post. I just personally am more of a misanthrope i suppose, so i guess just sounded weird at 1st.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT F15O
. This guy doesn't deserve a nice car. I try and give him respect and compliment him and he can't respond. :loser:

he will only keep his cobra for a year or two at the most, then will buy a chevy, dodge or import. who cares, their is plenty of us cool owners out here.

Cobro

Banned
There’s a generous amount of people out there that have attitudes when it comes to their cars.

Lets start with our ranks, (Remember this is a select group of people, not all!)

You can gather a lot of this sensitivity/insensitivity from the countless car shows, events, or on the public roads.

No model in particular, but the guy that has the bottomless pocket book that lives to dazzle everyone and sets himself apart from the rest.

Cobra’s (93)(94-95)(96-98)(99-01)(03) Most tend to migrate to their specific model years

The almighty LS1, some of their attitudes were simply, they were the fastest!

Our almighty Terminator, now this is the top dog. All previous Cobras’ had marginal horsepower and speed differences, but the T3 out legs them all and with that comes the attitude. Reminiscent of the LS1 group.

At shows, events, road trips, and general gatherings they tend to fellowship amongst themselves and generally are not impressed with other cobra’s unless highly modified, “In their league”.

The above is the attitude that carry’s itself onto the streets, for a number of reasons! No matter what the make or model!

Again, I stress, this is a small number of people not the general population:shrug:

What’s your input on this?

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobro
There’s a generous amount of people out there that have attitudes when it comes to their cars.

Lets start with our ranks, (Remember this is a select group of people, not all!)

You can gather a lot of this sensitivity/insensitivity from the countless car shows, events, or on the public roads.

No model in particular, but the guy that has the bottomless pocket book that lives to dazzle everyone and sets himself apart from the rest.

Cobra’s (93)(94-95)(96-98)(99-01)(03) Most tend to migrate to their specific model years

The almighty LS1, some of their attitudes were simply, they were the fastest!

Our almighty Terminator, now this is the top dog. All previous Cobras’ had marginal horsepower and speed differences, but the T3 out legs them all and with that comes the attitude. Reminiscent of the LS1 group.

At shows, events, road trips, and general gatherings they tend to fellowship amongst themselves and generally are not impressed with other cobra’s unless highly modified, “In their league”.

The above is the attitude that carry’s itself onto the streets, for a number of reasons! No matter what the make or model!

Again, I stress, this is a small number of people not the general population:shrug:

What’s your input on this?

I still think it is based on demographics. This is the 1st nice car i have ever owned, so it is all new to me. For sure the 1st "sports car" i ever owned. I think at a meet, or at a gathering of course there is a sense of belonging. I actually had a Z06 owner talk my ear off at the store a week ago, he seemed really into my car, again he was from PA so they tend to be far nicer than our "home grown" population. I have to say i was shocked to see how many people are amazed this guy got dissed, i assumed it would be the norm. It's pretty bad when you expect nothing from your fellow man, and an act of kindness is met with resistance or indifference. I can admit to falling into both of those 90% of the time. I just asked the GF if i have ever missed a "Thumbs up" from anyone else on the road, she said "like the guy you thought flipped you off?? why would you be saluted" I don't think BMW owners feel superior, or Mercedes AMG guys. I doubt LS1 guys have inferriority complex either. Again, maybe i am naive but why would they? no one is keeping score. I have to say i think it is pretty cool if there is a level of respect out there among drivers/owners, i just for 1 have never seen it from the local population.

Tommystang

Friggin' Ford Lover
Established Member
I've run across both types. The ones that either make believe that you don't exist or otherwise don't return my high sign or the ones that go out of their way to show appreciation for the machine.

nj7703

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobro
I would summit that southern California is the worst?

I think it is based on pace of life too. I went not long ago to NH, and people said hello, not just hotel workers, but people on the street?? unheard of. We are so busy trying to get to work, or home from work stuck in traffic, NO ONE is happy to be out here. A tad slower pace would help that for sure. SoCal has a very HUGE car culture. Lets face it most cool car trends start there. There is also alot of $$ there and sometimes with wealth comes "snooty" aspect. I am sure some people can equate the price of your car with your attitude. There is big $$ here in NJ too and not unusal to see Ferarri, or any high exotic on the road. Not sure why attitude coming from them is more acceptible than from a Cobra owner. Maybe cause the Cobra is the everyman's Ferrari? Either way this little post for sure has me thinking a bit more about my interaction with my fellow man on the road. I am going to try to give a Cobra owner i see every day on the way home a thumbs up, see if he beats my ass, or even cares :-D this is a sociologists dream :)

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
There's one in every group Mat. I waved to another Lightning owner a couple of weeks ago and he looked at me like I was nuts.

I am. But he didn't know that.
:lol: Actually there was a nationwide bulletin issued. :-D j/k Seriously, like you said, there's one in every group. Sad, but true :nonono: .

03DOHC

Established Member
He probably wasn't a car guy and had no idea why you would be interested in his car.

The only time I ignore people is to piss them off and get in their heads before we race.:)

Users who are viewing this thread