with fuel prices increasing......

Darth Racer

Established Member
....to absurd levels this summer (maybe $5+ a gallon for premium) have any of you contemplating buying a'13 Shelby changed your mind about buying one or will you wait to order one and hope fuel prices come down?

I have a heavily modifed '11 Shelby and I don't drive it much. Where I live (Wichita, KS) gasoline sucks around here....even the 91 octane is suspect and you can't get 93 octane. I don't like using fuel octane 'boosters'. I use Sunoco 100 unleaded (bought from auto shop dealer) and it is expensive....over $9 a gallon. I've only put 1200 miles on it last year.

I was just curious as to what you guys think about this.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
....to absurd levels this summer (maybe $5+ a gallon for premium) have any of you contemplating buying a'13 Shelby changed your mind about buying one or will you wait to order one and hope fuel prices come down?

I have a heavily modifed '11 Shelby and I don't drive it much. Where I live (Wichita, KS) gasoline sucks around here....even the 91 octane is suspect and you can't get 93 octane. I don't like using fuel octane 'boosters'. I use Sunoco 100 unleaded (bought from auto shop dealer) and it is expensive....over $9 a gallon. I've only put 1200 miles on it last year.

I was just curious as to what you guys think about this.

IMO the amount of driving most of us do with these cars i dont think the prices would impact people to not want to buy these cars, plus those who buy these cars should expect to pay quite a bit for fuel even now at the price it is at cause they are no hybrid :lol1:...again this is just my 2 cents...

91svtbird

Established Member
Something to consider for sure if it is your daily driver. It wouldn't be my DD so fuel mileage isn't that great a concern plus the 2013GT500 isn't that bad on gas either.

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
I'm not buying a 650hp car for my gas mileage concerns.
it's not a prius.

I will drive mine from time to time, but I highly doubt more than 4-6k a year. at most. I have a truck for that (that get's much worse gas mileage, 15 mpg Hwy, so it's a moot point)

if gas get's that bad, buy a 90s honda and call it good.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I could care less.

I drive 60-70k/year between my road warrior Maxima and my Shelby.

I'll start to be concerned when it costs $100+ to fill the tank.

I think you'll find most people buying this car dont care about fuel costs.

Besides..at 24mpg on highway. It's not bad

speedrx

Established Member
I think gas price is mostly irrelevant to buyers for the GT500. That said, there is really no reason for gas to be this high.

Darth Racer

Established Member
It's good for Ford that you guys aren't concerned with the fuel price. As I said, I'm paying over $9 a gallon for my Sunoco 100 fuel.

As for being peaked out on oil supply, actually, no....based on current estimates, there could be up to about two trillion barrels in the ground (North America) waiting to be processed. That's several centuries worth. And, yes, gas prices shouldn't be that high. Due to lower demand from a struggling economy, we have enough supply, for now, but it's not getting refined quickly enough. We need to build more refineries and provide for better transportation of the oil to the refineries.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Most people spending $65k or more for a car are not concerned whether gas is $4 or $5 a gallon. Most are pleasure cars and don't get filled up every week as it is.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Most people spending $65k or more for a car are not concerned whether gas is $4 or $5 a gallon. Most are pleasure cars and don't get filled up every week as it is.

I assume at $65k you're talking about a fully loaded '13 convertible?

But regardless if youre paying $50k plus for any car you are not concerned with fuel consumption

madridlv70duece

Established Member
I think gas price is mostly irrelevant to buyers for the GT500. That said, there is really no reason for gas to be this high.

No need? Seriously? The world just reached our peak of oil supply and you want them to drop. We currently use 25% of the worlds energy and while countries like India and China keep growing economically and demand more energy for their country you better expect for gas prices to keep going higher. For the man thats balling saying hel pay 100 dollars a gallon if he has to. Obviously you dont realize the impact gas prices have on the economy, on yourself sir. 4 dollars a gallon. Look at other countries and their prices. Enjoy gas at these prices while you can or come up with something better and more sustainable

madridlv70duece

Established Member
Excuse all the grammar errors, i hate texting and having to proofread. Im sure you guys understood me though. Get a different perspective and enjoy that sweet ride of yours while you can

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
No need? Seriously? The world just reached our peak of oil supply and you want them to drop. We currently use 25% of the worlds energy and while countries like India and China keep growing economically and demand more energy for their country you better expect for gas prices to keep going higher. For the man thats balling saying hel pay 100 dollars a gallon if he has to. Obviously you dont realize the impact gas prices have on the economy, on yourself sir. 4 dollars a gallon. Look at other countries and their prices. Enjoy gas at these prices while you can or come up with something better and more sustainable

Political forum is that way >>>>

With all due respect I assume you are very much a liberal?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Heck no! But i try not to be ignorant of whats around me or whats expected to come

Here's the thing though, prices are determined by speculators and traders. Oil is a commodity. Make it something that can't be traded.

There is more oil under the US just waiting to be tapped, more than we will ever need...but the hippies won't let us drill

7t7ta400

Established Member
it gas cost too much ; i will stay home and wax my car i will have the shiniest car in town BUT I WILL HAVE MY SHELBY AND AL GORE CAN KISS MY ASS

Users who are viewing this thread