Wireless internet

BossHogg

Established Member
when i first got my comcast internet set up i made a password so that my neighbors couldnt steal my internet, well i got a new computer and i forgot the password is there a way i can look that up on my computer or do i need to call comcast? thanks and sorry for my slowness

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
no just reset your wireless router, should be a small reset button somewhere on it. usually you either hold it down for a few seconds plugged in or hold it down while plugging it in (the power).

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Is this your router or theirs?You could maybe log into your Comcast account and find it that way.:shrug:

Juruense

Banned
Before you reset your router look at it. The password may be printed on a label on the router. If you reset it you are going to have to set it back up. If you do not know how to set it up do not reset it instead have a computer tech come over and help you. I charge $50 per hour for this type of service. How far to drive from Fort Wayne to Mishawaka and how much will you pay me?

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
If you do reset the router, which you will most likely have to do...be sure to look and see what the default username and password is for your router. Some have them, some don't. You'll still need that info to get into the router once you reset it.

Since you are obviously able to get online I would suggest looking up setup directions for your specific router and print them out. Routers are pretty easy to setup as long as you have basic knowledge about them. You could also call your service providers tech support and they should be able to assist you further if needed.

I would also recommend making a note of your future password to avoid this problem in the future. A simple piece of masking tape on the bottom of the router always comes in handy for me. Good luck.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
An addition to what these folks have said, you'll probably have to connect your computer to the router directly by wire to set your new password, any router I've worked with won't let you set basic security stuff wirelessly.

Users who are viewing this thread