Wire loop on driver side harness needed?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Hey guys, have what i hope to be a simple question with a simple answer. I was doing some engine bay cleanup and decided I didn't like the little wire loop/arch that runs on the driver side of the blower in the same bundle that goes to each injector. It's located right about in front of cylinder #6 injector. It's one wire, green w/ white stripe, inside of a small black wire loom/cover. without thinking I just snipped it right off without checking function first.

Can anyone confirm that that little loop/arch is just a test point for the factory or something and won't effect the car running in anyway? Need to have my nerves calmed before the weekend..Thanks

TRBO VNM

Tach signal man. Why are you just cutting wires in your harness? Thats just crazy, especially when you don't know what it is for. At least with a WOTbox you are still connecting what is cut.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Crap, so I need to put it back on there huh?

I didn't say it was my smartest move. I just don't like excess stuff. I realize I jumped the gun like I said...

TRBO VNM

You can always reconnect and tuck it into the larger harness and tape it back up. That is used for dyno's that have the clip on adapter for getting your tach signal, which usually never works cause the dyno sucks. LOL

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Yeah that's what I'll pretty much be doing. I think I was just confusing that vacuum test canister for that wire being a test point. Either way, time to break out the soldering iron.

Users who are viewing this thread