Winter Project is DONE - FULL Chromed Engine Bay >>>>

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
Originally posted by trplblacksnake
are the coil covers made of metal or plastic. Personally I dont like chrome but I do like polished aluminum I think I may do my upper intake and my TB my head covers too if they arent that hard to remove. How long did it take you to remove them and put it all back together. My car is a daily driver so I need to know how much time I will need to polish these babys.

The coil covers are aluminum.

It can all be polished or chromed. I chromed them for the easier cleaning ability afterwords - polish would look good too.

I had extra time because I did the cross over pipe so I had to drain the rad. It takes a day to pull the hat and covers. There's lots of little stuff to pull. Takes another day to put it all back.

My chromer however needed 8 weeks with the stuff, so it really depends on how long it will take someone to do it. This would take at least 5 days if he was not busy, by a pro of non stop polishing I am guessing.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
well Ill be using nothing but a dremel Ill start out with the upper intake and the coil covers and then when I get the balls Ill pull the head covers and do them. Im also going to pull the lower intake and port and polish that out too while Im at it. How hard is it to pull the lower?

Scott 01Cobra

have bling will travel
Established Member
Originally posted by trplblacksnake
well Ill be using nothing but a dremel Ill start out with the upper intake and the coil covers and then when I get the balls Ill pull the head covers and do them. Im also going to pull the lower intake and port and polish that out too while Im at it. How hard is it to pull the lower?

Good question - I only pulled the Hat, which is a snap!

Users who are viewing this thread