Winter Mods/Plans...

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
sell my car to put my best foot forward on another project. or put the ported blower on it thats been sitting on a shelf since july and spray the house down. hope to sell it and move on tho.

Your going to finally sell it huh? What are you looking for a foxbody or fbody?

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
- Posi port
- 2.76/4#
- idlers
- bap
- mafia
- 60lb injectors
- lfp intercooler res
- canton coolant overflow res
- wideband, boost gauge
- JLT rai
- Exhaust tips
- and either a roll cage, gears or n20... not sure which one I want to do first.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
- Posi port
- 2.76/4#
- idlers
- bap
- mafia
- 60lb injectors
- lfp intercooler res
- canton coolant overflow res
- wideband, boost gauge
- JLT rai
- Exhaust tips
- and either a roll cage, gears or n20... not sure which one I want to do first.

wow...a cage huh?

if you want to race at NED I would prob do that

11.49 = the boot!

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
wow...a cage huh?

if you want to race at NED I would prob do that

11.49 = the boot!

Yeah I know when we talked about it before I began to like the idea a bit more (from you mentioning the swing out door bars, and the price is reasonable). I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think I could get this thing sub 11.5s with just a more aggressive pulley setup.... nevermind an aggressive pulley setup and a ported eaton/dragon setup. So I think I will see where I am at after I get the car tuned in the spring with the ported/pullied setup... and then bring in the cage in the summer.

f2hatch

Established Member
foxbody. not a street car.

I'll sell you my drag radial project. Full Wolfe racecraft car. Getting a funny car cage now
DSC01139.jpg

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
I thought they did away with the 11.49/cage rule due to all the factory cars coming close and passing 11.49's?

f2hatch

Established Member
I thought they did away with the 11.49/cage rule due to all the factory cars coming close and passing 11.49's?

Mine in those pics is certified to 8.50's with that cage. it is basically a funny car cage just never had the driver halo and some other bars put in. But when i got the kit i got the full 25.2 cage

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

yea that was a few years ago...it used to be 11.99 I think....they lowered it half a second I "think"...coulda have been the other way around?

crankshaft04

Run What You Brung
Established Member
kooks stainless stepped long tube headers and slicks for the cobra, and a turbo and powerglide for the fox

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
yea that was a few years ago...it used to be 11.99 I think....they lowered it half a second I "think"...coulda have been the other way around?

i thought this was recent within the last 6 months ago. Supposedly the reasoning behind it was no one was going to hack up a 60K street car to put a cage in it.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i thought this was recent within the last 6 months ago. Supposedly the reasoning behind it was no one was going to hack up a 60K street car to put a cage in it.

nope...rules have been the same for quite a few years

Beginning Jan. 1, 2005, a roll bar and an SFI 16.1 driver-restraint system will be mandatory on any vehicle running 11.49 or quicker and for convertibles running 13.49 or quicker. An SFI 3.2A/1 jacket will he mandatory for all drivers in vehicles running between 10.00 and 11.49 seconds. On any car running 11.49 or quicker, a flywheel and clutch meeting SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 and a flywheel shield meeting SFI Spec 6.1, 6.2, 6.3, or 9.1 will be mandatory. A driveshaft loop will be required on all cars running 13.99 or quicker and utilizing slicks, except vehicles equipped with street tires running 11.49 or slower.

Users who are viewing this thread