windsor vs cleveland which to build

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
i just want to build something to hold much more power than i'll be making to leave room for future mods (more nitrous, turbo) i see where u guys are going with the aftermarket availability of the windsor. but as far as the cleveland goes aside from distributor, exhaust, and oil pan, all i really need is the lower plenum to keep my fuel injection. Added bonus of the cleveland is its allready drilled for oil flow, its 150 buck and a 4 bolt main. i still love the ideal of a big inch windsor, but a bare set of ausie heads are around 400. i know i'm rambling but i guess what im saying is the aftermarket advantage of the windsor isn't really a big deal since i would need essentially the same parts for the windsor as the cleveland.

Sounds like you already have your mind made up.

You can convert a carb intake to fuelie, have holes drilled and weld in some injector bosses. Nothing new, been done before.

hadler88

Established Member
Sounds like you already have your mind made up.

You can convert a carb intake to fuelie, have holes drilled and weld in some injector bosses. Nothing new, been done before.

i've considered that but by time you buy the manifold and pay somebody to do it its prob the same money.

thanks for all of the input it has helped shed some light on each build possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread